Read 86 comments as:
Filter By
If you think that your candidature couldn't have been rejected on grounds of your CV because they would never have shortlisted you to begin with otherwise, doesn't the same logic apply to which university you come from too?
You guys should've seen who they hired at last. I doubt there frim would last 2 client calls with that team.
did, was was getting lower to mid ranked nlus, taking up a small job with a firm instead
Clat h IIt nhi , ab to nlus ki bhi koi aukat nhi bachi market me.
why don't you take a DNA test, maybe your dad isnt your real dad.
Hii!

All of this is a part and parcel of life, Just dont treat others as you have been treated.

You will make it eventually irrespective of your college, STAY DETERMINED And work in a structured manner
"Take a loan because investment returns are good."

Why are you practicing law then, my friend, why not take a loan and run an oil refinery? The returns are crazy.
Why are you bothered about getting a job at a law firm? Go to the local courts and start your practice then. Education is an investment in human capital.
Will u pay me to work at courts or ur dad. I don't want to work in that seedy environment such as local courts where I would be nothing but a court clerk toting files from courtroom to courtroom. A law firm job atleast gives me financial independence and growth opportunities.
How do we know it’s a common occurrence without proof ? I’m seriously asking. Can you make someone so we can know this story is even true ?
Exactly!

Funny how the moderator moderated comment championing the nlus
Every comment of yours is so fraught with grammatical errors and mistakes that the same could very well have been a reason why you are not being hired. For example, you wrote indispensable when you clearly meant to write the opposite.
Do u know I cleared the written round before being chuked in the interview.Bhokne se pehle facts Jaan lia kro pure.
Wow, and then you wonder why you are not getting jobs. Your responses clearly indicate why. Good call by the places where you have been applying to.
What are you even trying to say. Can you please stop speaking in circles and come to the point?
Those places don't judge me on my plain English like u unemployed folks atleast .
Not plain English, incorrect English. Followed by arrogance. You are making it clearer by the minute why you are not getting a job. So try introspecting for a change.
Moderator, you are being the Devil's Advocate here my editing my replies. Atleast sacchai to batane do, or maybe you are also on the commission rolls of ConSikho.
There is a lot of discrimination.It may or may not be the reason that you didn't get hired.But dint get bogged down.You dont lose unless you give up.Dont allow them to make you give up.Keep trying and you will make it.
Rubbish!! Look at this list of non-NLU grads:

- Mukul Rohatgi's son: Amity

- Arun Jaitley's children: Amity

- Cyril Shroff's son: GLC

+ Many more. Bottomline: the real divide is between nepo kids and non-nepo kids.
These spoilt kids wouldnt have the aukat to clear even basic exam such as CLAT, They are cash bulls for Jindal etc. Amity seriously? bhai m apne kutte ko bhi waha na bhejun pdhne.
Bhai/Behen.

Thanks for that clarification. This exactly is what I guess most people mean when they have this NLU/Non-NLU convo. The access to a well-established alumni base or connections within the family that the kids can use vs those that can't.
Stupid to think in NLU / Non-NLU terms. Law School matters till you study. Once in court, doesn't matter which college you got your LLB.
CU? Calcutta univeristy or Christ or Chandigarh? Doesn’t matter - firms don’t hire from them anyway
Calcutta University, got hired in a decent paying role that has work life balance and is work from home. I call that a win in my specific case.
can u disclose the name of the place please which has wfh. State uni guys would be helped.
I know u man, your name, college, firm, internships, everything.
and yes, for the initial question, are you guys looking to expand?
Not that I know of man. I don't even think they would run that decision by me even if that was the case. In case I come to know of something, let's just agree I'll drop a lead here? :)
Wait till the chips are down my friend. Corporate law is just a bubble and when it bursts, NLUs would be the first one to blow.
Bro, do an MBA and become a CEO of a big company. NLU grads will then fall at your feet.
Yes, because every MBA student will eventually become the CEO of fortune 500 companies.
Still any MBA any be way more successful than a law firm partner .
A 10-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 20-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 57-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 159-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.
A 48-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.