Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Hi All

Given all the rants that I have been reading about Legally India, I was thinking about launching a new website similar to LI? Would love to hear your thoughts on what you guys would like / not like on the new website?

Unlike Legally India (which also used to do a lot of legal news reporting), the main purpose of the new website would be to allow users to create posts/threads, comment on such posts/threads, and discuss anything related to law.
Well I was just giving an overview. But it will be different in a lot of ways. For eg I have observed that LI usually shows posts' chronologically (i.e., whichever thread has the most recent activity comes up on top on the homepage). Whereas I plan to do use different algo through which the most interactive thread will show up first on homepage and a separate page for the most recent threads

Another change I have in mind is a different comment structure - how about if we introduce a comment structure which mimics legal procedure for eg "A commented", "B replied to A", " C intervened between A&B".
If you do create one such, give the option of sub reddit kinda stuff where people within an NLU or.college can bch, rant, gossip and stuff. 🏃🏻‍♀️
I want a website that will expose corruption by NLU admins and catalyse student protests, like the old LI.
Yes but it should be unbiased. LI become biased platform where any comment or post against NLU's will either be censored or not published but against non-NLU (even abusive) comments published.
Hire a lawyer before doing anything. Because too complicated laws, not even AG can understand. I can help, DM me as soon as possible.
Legallyindia is badly managed. We need to popularise a reddit subreddit.
How even Mr. Kian allowed this question?

Why didn't he censored this?

Kian ka loss ho jayega esse toh
The moderation time is really too much! 20 hours plus on some really good threads for a comment to be published?! Why are you limiting interaction so much @Kian?
Hi, we are currently working on improving / changing up matters there, will keep you posted :)
But why is moderation being done before the comment is posted? Why not afterwards? or only those comments/threads which are being reported
Another thing I would recommend is that instead of showing comments in a chronological order, why not show the most upvoted comment in a thread at the top? People may not be motivated enough to scroll through the comments on a thread if the initial comments are just "bump" or something trollish and thus they may end up missing out on some really good comments
The problem with this is that LI is already too popular a brand name that it will be hard to shift the people to another platform without Kian actually enforcing it by publicly announcing it.

Kian will not do that for sure, given he receives funding from the PR managers of these big firms and VCs to hide threads and moderate some comments maliciously, who would not like a more efficient and transparent reporting system.
@kianganz didn't think you'd take this post seriously and actually implement some changes. What other changes do you have in mind?
A 16-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.