Read 7 comments as:
Filter By
At the end of these five years of slavery (pointless moots, "research" papers that contribute to no one or no thing, phony relationships with fake people talking to you only to make "connections", outdated and boring curriculum, horrendous projects so much more useless crap), only thing that lies ahead is more slavery. What are some non-slave jobs that I can start aiming for from my current (second) year? I'm in a tier 1 law school, and the idea of interning for 12 hours in my break months did NOT resonate with me at all, and I, much to the distaste of my classmates, chilled and had fun and read things I wanted to, and I plan to do the same in all my future "internship" breaks. I have friends who are proudly boasting how their work hours were from 9 am to 11 pm, and it makes me pukish. I don't blame people around me at all, they are doing just what they came here for - the problem lies with me. I want my weekends, my holidays, my sick-breaks, my leaves. Help please. Do tier1 MBA-Grads also slave as much as law firm people? Would eyeing for an MBA post five year law dumb in hopes of getting a more ~laidback~ job? What about in-house lawyers? I'm rather poor but I don't want to make 50 lakhs a minute, and would be content with a normal, sustainable salary and life. Civil services looks nice but is a gamble, and might not be the best thing to spend four years of my life prepping for, only to not make it in the end. This is my first time here and I apologize for any mistakes.
The life of an MBA grad is the same as that of a law firm lawyer. Anything that pays you good will suck out the last drop of blood from you. In-house counsels have it slightly better. Work is usually 9-5. Late nights are a rarity there.
You sound like me honestly bhai. Less but decent money is fine, but need 9-5 with weekends.
Totally relatable. I too didn't do decent Internships during my first four years. I was even regretting it for a moment. But now that I read your post and I realise why I didn't. The fomo of the placement season made me forget my reasons lol .

Also stop over apologizing. That too on an anonymous platform. All for nothing. I wouldn't be wrong in assuming you are a girl, because they generally tend to do it more. That is sooo not going to help you in this profession or in life. People will undermine your whole thinking and push their thoughts on you.

Okay let me let this secret out. Some of the most chilled out people are those that do LLM, cake walk through UGC NET and chill out as professors in Tier 2, Tier 3 NLUs. Absolute freshers. Zero industry experience. You can be one of them. And they get paid HANDSOME for nothing. Like zero efforts in taking classes, zero knowledge of subjects.

CS, a supposedly inferior profession, in the legal world, can be an option. Pursue it. Get employed somewhere. Or best would be independent practice. Only certain times of the year will be hectic. But pursuing it is in itself a slavery for the law brains. Not easy.

In house is relatively chill. But to get there you'll have to do this slaving given the competition. At least 10 years workex some places ask.

Judiciary works too. Becoming a law officer in any of those PSUs is good too. But again both are gambles big time. But four years of prep should make making it far more highly probable.

Apart from.tne professor option, all other options require you to inevitably work hard for at least a couple of years to make it the rest of your life easier.
Who said CS is inferior profession? Fresher CS earn more than fresher law grads. Only a matter of how good you are at your job.
Try judiciary? The starting salary is around 1.2 per month. Easier to crack than civil services. Work hours hardly beyond 6pm. Same benefits of leave etc as any sarkari job.

Or academia? talk to someone who recently joined jindal - but academia requires an LLM (bare minimum) and places like jindal only hire after a foreign LLM so that's a heavy expense too.