Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
I am joining a company as in house counsel. I wouldn't be given Retainership, I will be made as a permanent employee.

Do I have to give up my bar enrollment. Or would I be able to keep it after I join this new job?
You have to suspend it. Your Bar Council will have a form. Fill it up. When you want to go back to full practice, fill the other form.
except that lawyers employed at a law firm are exempt from that rule - there's a Guj HC judgment on this IIRC
What is the fees to suspend membership? What is the fees to commence membership after suspension?
bar council rules arent enforced. do what you like.
What about teaching? Do I have to suspend my licence for that as well ?
If you draw salary for anything, then yes. However, rarely with the Bar Council be after you if you don't, so long as you don't actually appear in court representing a client.