Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
I'm in my 5th year and had a bad breakup recently. I have lost all career motivation and I'm finding it difficult to cope up. Most of the time I feel lethargic and suicidal. I don't feel like existing in my college. This year is very crucial for me and I have to get placed. I also don't want my last year to be this gloomy. But I'm unable to get over my mental trauma. I feel so lonely. How to move on? How to focus on my career again, when there is no one to motivate me and my batchmates try to pull me down?
Bhai/Behan, kya bakchodi kar rahe ho? Bandi/Banda gaye? Jaane do. Ki pharak painda ae? 23-24 saal ke bache ho beh, zindagi padi hai. You'll find love again, and it'll be for the better. The world hasn't ended, there are other people who care for you and a lot of other things that'll make you happy.

I understand it feels empty and impossible, been there done that, was with her for four and a half years, took shit from her, from my family, her family, fucked me up tbh - and she left me for another guy. Not that I blame her, bache thei dono, woh bhi boht toxic aur mai bhi, still it took me three years to move on from her, but when I did move on, I realised how much I missed out on and how I mistreated those who cared for me. Trust me on this, no one is worth a second though after they have left you, you'll only be wasting your time and emotions. Aage badh, chalta hai, hota rahega, rukneka nahi.

Baat rahi batchmates ki, agle saal se majority ki shakal bhi nahi dekhni, temporary insaanon ke liye permanent damage kahe karna baua, khudpe focus karo, aur koi Jawaab nahi hai. Motivation is a scam anyways, just ask yourself do you want to fuck your shit up and slow your life down for a couple of years or process the grief and hurt, move past it, and get on with your life. The answer is pretty simple in my book, is it in yours?
Not the person that made the og post. Just a reader here. Bruhhhh I need you in my life ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿฅบ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ๐ŸคŒ. Like I mean a person like you. ๐Ÿ˜‚โœจ Kaha milenge tumhare jaise log ๐Ÿ˜‚
Bohot hain ji mere jaise, but I hope you find people better than me.

Still, in the meantime if you have anything you want to talk about, we can communicate via e-mails. You and anybody reading this, who needs someone to rant to, or talk to, or just wants someone to listen to their shit can reach out to me on - maalpiyenge420@gmail.com
Brother I happened to have a bad breakup right before Covid in my first year, luckily we had the lockdown and I could recoup and reassess my standing. To be brutally honest itโ€™s super tough and any advice I give might sound cliche but for a week atleast take a break from work/study and do things you love, be it playing a sport, travelling even watching reels if thatโ€™s what you like and be positive.

Also ignore the outside noises. Man up & all the best to you ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป
Get some help dude. Your purpose in life should be from within and not from another person.

You can't ruin your life based on a breakup.

Imagine in 5 years how you will have moved on and realised that this is just a blip.

Get working on yourself and get out of there with a job in hand. There are plenty of more fish in the sea.
I have this fear that I will never be able to find anyone for myself. Life BT.
Don't worry, you will be happier without her. There are many other better people. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
1. It's their loss, not yours.

2. Write down 101 reasons why "chu tha wo banda". Saara love nikal jaana hai end of it.

3. You're replaceable everywhere except to your family.

Treat everyone as replaceable except your family.

Family is biological mom dad and siblings. No one else. Not one.

4. A body under construction is a mind on a mission. Start working out today. Your mental health will improve.

5. Assume responsibility and your life will start becoming meaningful. Just about any responsibility. Take it up and work for it. That's the only way out.

Swallow this and move ahead. You need no more motivation. Don't even discuss this problem with anyone else. If you are, know that you're not interested in the solution. You just want to complain, be whiny and live in your drama.
Aah, I wish I could say what I am about to write -- to my own younger self, and thank you for giving me that vicarious opportunity.

You see, after having lost my love -- to which I was strongly attached, I grew disillusioned. I also saw other friends who lost their love getting disillusioned themselves. One of them became self-destructive and indulged in self-harming behaviour. Another one I know just lost it and again indulged in self-harming behaviour. I myself became lethargic and lazy and lack all motivation. I tried to psychologically harm those around me, primarily my parents and my sister. They bore with me patiently. I deliberately delayed my marriage to keep them stressed -- since I blame them partly for me losing my love.

I kept delaying my marriage until one day when I realized that love is just about getting used to someone. Before joining an office, I researched on the female staff there. I found one in particular to be quite unattractive to my liking. However, 6 months down the line, I got attracted to her -- and why so? Because she was my desk neighbour. Just seeing her face everyday made her grow on me.

I realized something then. Love is just familiarity. What you are suffering is not the loss of love, but the loss of time you spent on building that familiarity. So my suggestion to you is this - you have a lot of time in your hand to spend again on building familiarity with someone. If you fail to give yourself a chance to build familiarity again with another person - you will just spend some mad amount of time indulging in self-destructive or self-harming behaviour, which will degrade your quality of life and not do anything better for those around you.

You should tell yourself that you have a lot of time in your hands to again build familiarity with a new person. The moment you reach that level of familiarity with someone else -- you will have found love again. Time is in your favour. Time is your only friend. Handle it carefully.
You are suffering from depression. Take medical help. There is no taboo in that. A dosage of medically prescribed mood enhancers should make you feel better.