Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Why is it that only that parsis have so much influence in law firms( wadia ghandy, mulla basically all Bombay firms, also azb, jsa, b&p etc.). I've seen parsis get internship at tier 1s in their first year itself. I kinda feel insecure during the internship, as I'm middle class and they all have houses in South Bombay.

Any law firm in Mumbai which doesn't involve old money rich people? Kindly help and not troll please !!
True, even I experienced this at my internship at โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ legal. Lots of rich co interns for whom I was an alien. Couldn't relate hence felt lonely. They also don't start the conversation, it was me everytime. โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Looking for firms with good people
Because instead of increasing their population, or crying for welfare, or creating a victim narrative and increasing demands on the welfare state, they chose to get educated, and serve society.
It seems like you hate equality of opportunity in the garb of dissing on the welfare state. Good for you!
What's the basis of you saying so? Equality of opportunity is available among equals. Otherwise, someone with a BA could start finding faults with not having access to VC capital while ignoring all necessities of having a business or a PMF.
Thatโ€™s sorta true. Their powerful lineage dominates not just in law, but in a lot of other aspects.

You might want to consider Quillon Partners (formerly Platinum) as an option. Having interned at many mumbai law firms (t1s, t2s, boutique), I could sense that the firmโ€™s general culture is inclusive and theyโ€™re receptive, youโ€™ll find outside-bombay crowd, people from non-nlus, which is refreshing and mostly free from family run kinda influence.
You have got your own answer.OLD MONEY (and less to do with parsis,gujju etc) And the community looks out because everyone needs help holding onto their old money status.A bunch of new small firms like Raja ram, TTA,indus eta are not old money and emerging firms.Basically the ones you mention used to run the show,but not as much anymore
Kindly note that parsis were the ancient Babylonians who were persecuted by Muslims. The elite which did not rightly convert came to India. They abandoned everything and came here but became successful. It is like if a businessman loses everything, he still knows the parameters to be successful - put Ambani in the usa, he or his next generation or so will be successful cause they have tasted it once.
A 73-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 22-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 24-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 8 months ago was not published.