Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
Hello,

I have 3 law firms internship experience- 1 boutique, 1 T3, 1 T2. Applying for December 2023 and want guidance. I have a below avg cgpa with good mooting background. Legitimate suggestions would be appreciated.
Ive got an internship in LKS by applying on their website form. No references. This was back in 2020
When I applied for internships - a good decade-and-a-half ago - a rule that I followed was to apply at least 6 months in advance. One of the firms I worked with subsequently usually had their internship slots booked around 3/4 months in advance. So, you should have already applied for internships in December by now.

I had a terrible CGPA, no mooting record, nor any published papers. I was from a good university though, which I suppose led the firms to open and scroll thorugh my resume.

By following my rule, I managed at least 6 to 7 internships on my own, including in top firms, and I think I got 2 internships from college. I managed to get a call back from the internships that I got from college.

In the hindsight, I should have worked on making my resume look a little more professional (just fancy-fying it), I think that would have helped me a little more.

While I graduated with terrible grades and nothing else to justify my time in college, but I managed to secure a job in a decent law firm by just sending 30/40 emails in one vacation to secure an intership for the next vacation. Remember: internships beget internships.

Critically, when you are interning, be super enthu and be open to learning. But also have fun - you can never have too much fun in your youth.
does mooting really help in such cases? it seems cool, but my seniors tell me its academically irrelevant and doesn't add much to the CV. Asking as a first year student with no idea or experience in either.
Not sure how relevant this is in 2023.
Also why's the internship application portal on JSA's website still closed saying they're full for the summers when it's August already lol
No it doesn't. It says this summer season ie that of 2023. The form's been closed for 2 months now.