Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
When I applied for internships - a good decade-and-a-half ago - a rule that I followed was to apply at least 6 months in advance. One of the firms I worked with subsequently usually had their internship slots booked around 3/4 months in advance. So, you should have already applied for internships in December by now.

I had a terrible CGPA, no mooting record, nor any published papers. I was from a good university though, which I suppose led the firms to open and scroll thorugh my resume.

By following my rule, I managed at least 6 to 7 internships on my own, including in top firms, and I think I got 2 internships from college. I managed to get a call back from the internships that I got from college.

In the hindsight, I should have worked on making my resume look a little more professional (just fancy-fying it), I think that would have helped me a little more.

While I graduated with terrible grades and nothing else to justify my time in college, but I managed to secure a job in a decent law firm by just sending 30/40 emails in one vacation to secure an intership for the next vacation. Remember: internships beget internships.

Critically, when you are interning, be super enthu and be open to learning. But also have fun - you can never have too much fun in your youth.