Read 3 comments as:
Filter By
I'm currently a fourth year student at a not-so-great law school. I'm also pursuing CS as a way to make up for the lack of a shiny law school degree and try to be in competition with NLU Students.

Whilst doing CS, Tax laws grabbed my interest but after reading a lot of these LI threads (and having interned in two T1 tax law firms) on considering to streamline my career towards tax laws, I've realised it might not be as great an idea.

I've considered all the pros and cons but the only two things that stand out for me is that it'll be relatively easier to get started in Tax Laws as it's a niche for lawyers so I wouldn't be put up in direct competition with NLU Students as I would in a Gen Crop/ M&A/ PE-VC team. But it is extremely gruelling with a steep learning curve and near to zero mobility down the line.

Wish to know how I can best utilise my CS knowledge since it seems quite redundant for pursuing a career in Taxation Laws (mainly IDT advisory). I do see a future where I turn towards in-house and I believe a CS degree would aid that to an extent.

Thank you!