We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
Highly mundane task.
Better focus on your law career.
All these threads make me wonders where pursuing DT will be wise move or not. I should perhaps start reading the ICAI final DT module
Whilst doing CS, Tax laws grabbed my interest but after reading a lot of these LI threads (and having interned in two T1 tax law firms) on considering to streamline my career towards tax laws, I've realised it might not be as great an idea.
I've considered all the pros and cons but the only two things that stand out for me is that it'll be relatively easier to get started in Tax Laws as it's a niche for lawyers so I wouldn't be put up in direct competition with NLU Students as I would in a Gen Crop/ M&A/ PE-VC team. But it is extremely gruelling with a steep learning curve and near to zero mobility down the line.
Wish to know how I can best utilise my CS knowledge since it seems quite redundant for pursuing a career in Taxation Laws (mainly IDT advisory). I do see a future where I turn towards in-house and I believe a CS degree would aid that to an extent.
Thank you!