Read 9 comments as:
Filter By
For those applying to US law schools for LLMs, LSAC rates their foreign grades in qualitative terms: Superior, above average, average, etc. Any idea what matrix LSAC uses for this conversion?

I am a recent graduate of NLIU with 80% aggregate marks. Do I stand a reasonable chance to be rated as superior?
which college are you from? Did you have any CGPA issued by your college as well? Thanks
GGSIPU, cgpa was percentage / 10. No rank statement, did an LL.M from a uni that usually requires it but I told them my uni did not issue one and they were okay w it.
I doubt that LSAC assessments matter - particularly for the top universities. Even otherwise, US law schools aren’t big on grades for LLM admissions.
I understand that. But Can you please still confirm what your grades were, which college, and what was your rating?

thanks!
It probably depends on the average grades in your university. Your recommendations and essays will matter much more than your grades. US universities are also a little more likely to take you with a couple of years of experience.
You have to submit a rank statement. I had a top 3% rank, got a superior grading. I am guessing that was factored in.