Read 57 comments as:
Filter By
I’m from NLUD and this is just the most ridiculous thread that’s almost an invitation to troll. The rivalry debate has been going on for far longer way before NIRF. And back then, comments were published in less than a day. And it’s not a big deal in real life for anyone except some one-upmanship trolls.

I’m pretty sure students at both places know that the two have their individual merits and demerits. And I think there’s mutual appreciation between both places for their institutional achievements. I don’t see this need to keep comparing and claiming we’re better than NUJS/NALSAR. I know multiple people who choose NLUD over NUJS/NALSAR and many others who opt for NUJS, etc over NLUD. All said and done, they’re both two of the few very good places for law in India and anyone who’s been to either can testify. Moderator should ideally do a better job is preventing more of such ridiculous threads/comments. The toxicity of this site can be reduced if the Mod is serious about creating a more congenial environment for actually useful discussions.
Yes, even mod is bored of this - notice: the fake-sounding NLUD / NUJS troll war is officially on notice now, silly stuff is not getting published anymore.
You yourself are the mod - why are you addressing yourself as the third person?
this was bound to happen some time or other

NUJS has been the undisputed no. 3 for last 15 years, however, in the last 5 years or so after the first few batches of NLUD has found their feet, the NLUD students feel that their time has come to take on the mantle in the top 3

NLS seems to be on a pedestal which no one wants to touch, however, if you check under the hood there are plenty of problem, but it being 'the law school' people would laugh off if NLUD wants to directly dethrone NLS

NALSAR is a weird case, it is in the middle of nowhere, has decent placements, has mediocre teachers, after FM left it has little addition to scholarship, yet somehow the legacy seems to insulate it from any challengers

NUJS on the other hand, after 8 disastrous years under Ishwara Bhatt, has seen a slide in faculty quality, research output and research income. The only saving grace has been its excellent placement (which is still objectively the best in the NLU circuit). So, obviously the best target to dethrone for a rising claimant will be the weakest amongst the three, which is NUJS. However, NLUD in its haste to dethrone NUJS has made the cardinal sin of using fake data to show better recruitment, but the problem was it was so good that it even went ahead of NLS in that parameter. Then of course people came out and showed that it was mathematically impossible for NLUD to have the placement that they claimed and the things became as the OP puts 'controversial'.

So we have a rising NLUD and a legacy incumbent in the form of NUJS, using the rising power theory (which says that a conflict between a rising and incumbent geopolitical power is inevitable - eg. Japan and US pre WWII) we can predict that these troll fights between these two NLUs will continue until there is a clear domination by one. That will not happen objectively until NLUD joins clat, which they will not in the near future, so the conflict with continue. NLUD will continue to submit fake data to NIRF and other nlus will keep calling them out, NLUD trolls will deny and deflect, they will say that many people came from NUJS/NALSAR which shows superiority of NLUD, other nlus will demand proof, but this can neither be proven nor disproven withour clear comparison of the list, which is not available, someone will argue that AILET is a money grabbing exam with no clear purpose, NLUD will defend it and say it gives chance to students who has a bad CLAT day. The argument will not end until NLUD joins CLAT and we have a clear student choice being made (for example in the last 15 years IITB has dethroned IIT-Kanpur as the top IIT by student choice, but NIRF prefers IITM, you can have your pick).
Blame nirf and immature kids from both sides who think college rankings actually matter
This is only an anon battle in LI carried on by a few jobless trolls. Nobody in the real world has got any time for this. People outside treat each others as peers and potential future colleagues, this is not a Bollywood story like Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander or Student of the Year.
Hi Mod it's not legally India's place to tag the first comment's ranking (where Nalsar is ahead of NLUD as trollish) while the other where (NLU D is ahead of Nalsar) as non trollish. Please correct this. Either both should be trollish or none.
Bhai what controversial reports? We have stated exactly what should have been stated. Just because the university doesn’t release self-audited inflated reports like a ‘particular’ nlu below us - we are not good enough? Remember IIT Roorkee has also not provided reports for several years - yet they have done so well with packages crossing 1 crore.
"Their reports can be at best termed ‘controversial’ , quite controversial but not fake." - thank you for making me smile early in the day.

The NLUD submission to NIRF has been discredited in so many different ways that the aim should be find out whether there was criminal culpability or plain incompetence or motivated negligence.

My money is on incompetence.
Actually, there is an interesting point here. NLIU Bhopal, another supposed tier-1 NLU has also declared their median salary in NIRF 2023 as 18 lacs. Keep in mind that NLIU hardly even gets any foreign vac schemes/TCs unlike NLUD and their domestic placements percentages are around the same. Same happened with NALSAR in 2018, I believe. Now, obviously, this won't get much attention among NLUD haters because NLIU has been performing very poorly in rankings for a while now, but I don't think this is fudging of data for a higher rank. There must be discrepancies on the calculation of the median salary for most of these NLUs. Unless NIRF addresses this, the trolls will keep spamming.
Oh, cut the crap. If the "old top 3" weren't so insecure about a new NLU about to displace them, there wouldn't even be a need for all these debates.They troll NLUD first and then get butt-hurt when someone from NLUD responds. And we couldn't care less whether some troll on LI thinks we're top 3 or not, but facts are facts. Even the most ardent Noojie fan would admit that in the present era, very few folks would drop NLUD for NUJS. And the competition with NALSAR is more or less on level ground too now. So, yeah, I would say we're as good, if not better.
Please provide us with ranks of 5 AILET candidates who had ranked within top 300 in CLAT and chose NLUD this year

If you can then I shall admit superiority of NLUD, if not then please stop making claims that you cannot substantiate
Only 5, lol? Most folks at NLUD would’ve got atleast a NALSAR/NUJS rank. These two places are simply not ahead of us. You’ll be in for a rude shock. But I’m not going to do anything for you, it’s easy enough to simply look at the CLAT merit lists and see the vacancies. And I couldn’t care less about your belief of NLUD’s superiority. Everyone that matters knows we’re better.
Arey check the merit list brother. It’s all there. Nothing is concealed anymore! Nlu Delhi remains ahead still
First NLUD needs to submit correct data to NIRF then we shall see
You can see very few people dropping nlu Delhi for Nujs and you can see that at the merit list every year. Those are all published :)
Not really. CLAT has stopped publishing the full merit list and NLUD never did publish the full rank list of everyone who appeared for AILET.
Very few? I would say no one would drop nlu Delhi for Nujs. Lmao look at the current figures. I ain’t lying. In fact my frnds from Kolkata who got Nujs will leave for nlu Delhi if they have the rank.
I am a cal guy who had the rank for both nlud and nujs. Chose nujs. Speak for yourself.
just like how symbiosis was placed ahead of nujs similarly nlud also has been placed ahead of nujs, but it does not matter coz if you know you know
Lol, Noojies getting carried away. Not a surprise there but don’t flatter yourself. SLS and NLUD are nothing alike. We’ve been ahead since of NUJS in nearly every ranking we’ve participated in, almost every year. SLS got lucky once and dropped down immediately thereafter. And let’s see how NUJS fares after the increased batch size with a new BSc, that’ll be a real indication of its staying power.
Not really, anyone who knows about CLAT, a largely unknown exam for most Indians, also knows of AILET. But since it’s just one college vs some 20 in CLAT, they might deem it not worth taking for the money or difficulty involved in getting in.
Nonsensical comment as expected from someone who didn't crack AILET. Reality check - Everyone at NLUD has cracked CLAT and a majority ditched the top 4-5 CLAT NLUs.
Trolls keep claiming this. Why don't you just release the stats of one batch of NLUD to prove this claim? I bet not more than 5-10% of any batch would have cracked CLAT at all.
Lol, stop making it so evident that NLUD wasn’t even a choice for you since you messed up the AILET. This is last thing NLUD cares to hide, and if we cared about CLAT ranks that much, we’d have just joined CLAT. We really don’t.
Maybe but I can guarantee that 0% people at NUJS would have cracked AILET. Except one or two Bongs who wanted to stay back in Calcutta.
Your guarantee is good for nothing, just like your credit score and NLUD's PR. AILET is a scam exam.
NUJS once used to have a batch size smaller than NLUD. It has already doubled over the years. Didn't harm student outcome in any way be it recruitment, scholarships, or anything else. Nor will this new course harm it either.
LMAFO there is no such rivalry. Anyone with an iota of knowledge about law schools will tell you which one is amongst the best NLUs today and which one is a washed-up non-entity.
A 85-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 2-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 84-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.