Read 2 comments as:
Filter By
I’m from NLUD and this is just the most ridiculous thread that’s almost an invitation to troll. The rivalry debate has been going on for far longer way before NIRF. And back then, comments were published in less than a day. And it’s not a big deal in real life for anyone except some one-upmanship trolls.

I’m pretty sure students at both places know that the two have their individual merits and demerits. And I think there’s mutual appreciation between both places for their institutional achievements. I don’t see this need to keep comparing and claiming we’re better than NUJS/NALSAR. I know multiple people who choose NLUD over NUJS/NALSAR and many others who opt for NUJS, etc over NLUD. All said and done, they’re both two of the few very good places for law in India and anyone who’s been to either can testify. Moderator should ideally do a better job is preventing more of such ridiculous threads/comments. The toxicity of this site can be reduced if the Mod is serious about creating a more congenial environment for actually useful discussions.
this was bound to happen some time or other

NUJS has been the undisputed no. 3 for last 15 years, however, in the last 5 years or so after the first few batches of NLUD has found their feet, the NLUD students feel that their time has come to take on the mantle in the top 3

NLS seems to be on a pedestal which no one wants to touch, however, if you check under the hood there are plenty of problem, but it being 'the law school' people would laugh off if NLUD wants to directly dethrone NLS

NALSAR is a weird case, it is in the middle of nowhere, has decent placements, has mediocre teachers, after FM left it has little addition to scholarship, yet somehow the legacy seems to insulate it from any challengers

NUJS on the other hand, after 8 disastrous years under Ishwara Bhatt, has seen a slide in faculty quality, research output and research income. The only saving grace has been its excellent placement (which is still objectively the best in the NLU circuit). So, obviously the best target to dethrone for a rising claimant will be the weakest amongst the three, which is NUJS. However, NLUD in its haste to dethrone NUJS has made the cardinal sin of using fake data to show better recruitment, but the problem was it was so good that it even went ahead of NLS in that parameter. Then of course people came out and showed that it was mathematically impossible for NLUD to have the placement that they claimed and the things became as the OP puts 'controversial'.

So we have a rising NLUD and a legacy incumbent in the form of NUJS, using the rising power theory (which says that a conflict between a rising and incumbent geopolitical power is inevitable - eg. Japan and US pre WWII) we can predict that these troll fights between these two NLUs will continue until there is a clear domination by one. That will not happen objectively until NLUD joins clat, which they will not in the near future, so the conflict with continue. NLUD will continue to submit fake data to NIRF and other nlus will keep calling them out, NLUD trolls will deny and deflect, they will say that many people came from NUJS/NALSAR which shows superiority of NLUD, other nlus will demand proof, but this can neither be proven nor disproven withour clear comparison of the list, which is not available, someone will argue that AILET is a money grabbing exam with no clear purpose, NLUD will defend it and say it gives chance to students who has a bad CLAT day. The argument will not end until NLUD joins CLAT and we have a clear student choice being made (for example in the last 15 years IITB has dethroned IIT-Kanpur as the top IIT by student choice, but NIRF prefers IITM, you can have your pick).