Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Prof Nagraj appointed as The vc of TNNLU. TNNLU scores another longtime founding NLSIU prof as it's VC. Any comments from NLSIU community about Prof nagraj during his tenure there?
The ways honourable VCs are springboarding from one NLU to another in last one year or so, its better to rather make VC ship of NLUs, a transferrable post. Just wondering if it's affecting the progress of a NLU...
Not at all. NLSIU will soon be free of TLC dinosaurs and have a 100% NLU alumni faculty, with 90% of them being NLSIU alumni.
As it should. We don’t want to be trolled by β€˜Chingrighata Law college’
Never trust a Nag even if a Nagraj πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Such opportunistic moves must be condemned.

People like him or SKD Rao or Bajpai who just jump from one NLU to other for their own selfish motives set bad precedents.

Wish someone blacklist such people who don't complete their term
Agree.

Legends - NLU VCs who completed full term(s)

Menon (NLS & NUJS)

R Venkata Rao (NLS)

Ranbir Singh (Nalsar & NLUD)

MP Singh (NUJS)

Faizan Mustafa (Nalsar)

Poonam Saxena (NLU Jodhpur)

They must be appreciated.

Opportunists: Those who left their VC term without doing anything good and jumped to another NLU

SKD Rao - NLU Odisha to NLU Delhi to NALSAR (2 switch in one term)

GS Bajpai - RGNUL Patiala to NLU Delhi

Keshava Rao - Left NUSRL midway to DSNLU (close to home)

Nagraj - Left DNLU Jabalpur to Trichy (promotion?)

You can find many others. Most of them mediocre and poor if compare with great NLU VCs like Menon, Ranbir Singh or MP Singh.
FM left NLUO mid term and moved to NALSAR, did the same when he moved to NLUO from KIIT
Menon didn't finish his term at NUJS. He was there for just over three years.
If anyone is leaving nusrl , then that’s a promotion in itself
Is this the dude who shamed a girl for wearing shorts in class? I am not a woke, but even I find such behaviour to be patriarchal, toxic and sexist.
In most cases, the second term had been given to Vice Chancellor of NLU in violation of the Act and Statutes. After the completion of the first tenure, the post should have been advertised and search committee should have been formed to recommend a panel of 3 or 4 names. But, if a Chancellor gives second term in his discretion, no one would dare to go to High Court to get a relief.
Real talk - Nagraj was a decent teacher.

In my experience he used to evaluate papers fairly. If you inserted what he talked about in his classes, you would get a decent grade.

You would have to have really pissed him off to get on his bad books, but my experience with him was quite positive.
Nagraj sir first became vc of nluo for 1 year 2013-14. Then he left nluo, some people used to say that he couldn't handle climate there. Then he was vc jabalpur and now he has left for tnnlu. So his tenure is right there. I will he will again jump in a year or two.
He should be barred from applying to VC position for next 5 years. Same to Faizan after joining CNLU.

Once you become a VC you can't apply for VC position elsewhere till your term is over.

If you are not convinced about your present NLU, don't join in the first place. Imagine FM resigning CNLU for Mumbai in 1 year or Nagraj again resigning in 2 years for a position in south. What a loss to public exchequer and students it will be.