Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Hi a few seniors from batch 23 & 24 got placed with ICICI and I wanted to know the following preferably by somebody who knows the working of both ICICI and a tier one:

1. does icici only take freshers through campus recruitment or can one apply individually as well

2. what is the pay and wlb difference at icici and a tier one

3. is an inhouse role better than working at a tier one

thanks!
They pay 17l to freshers in the Mumbai office (do not know how it is split) and the working hrs are pretty relaxed. Consider only ICICI, Mumbai ; YES Bank, Mumbai (since its full of ex ICICI people); HSBC/HDFC, Mumbai ; Bharatpe, Gurgaon; Wipro, Bangalore - if you are considering an in-house career since they are pretty well organized and headed by competent lawyers + management. As far as ICICI, Mumbai is considered, they only do campus recruitment from SLSP, NUJS & NLSIU is what I have observed. There is a very big difference in pay at the senior levels if you compare pay scales with law firm people.
What about ICICI bank Kolkata? I have seen NUJS alums working in the Kolkata office
Do Bharatpe take individual applications? Iโ€™m in final year currently and would be grateful if you could maybe enlighten me on how I should proceed.
Not the Mumbai branch. They are very choosy. It may be some other branches
They recruit from every time, dick and harry college lol. AIL, CNLU, etc etc
Thatโ€™s wrong. ICICI Mumbai goes to NLUD and GNLU as well for campus recruitment. Probably even NLUJ and HNLU.
Icici recruit every from CNLU' amd they have increased in take from CNLU'
In hand pay is 10L once you become a legal manager. During the management trainee position it is 50k per month and you have to undergo training for 4-6 months

Don't get fooled by inflated figures. All of these figures are official onea from RCC email. Can even upload screenshots if someone is still doubtful
10 L fixed, 4 L assured bonus once you complete 12 months + 2 lacs (performance bonus ), total comes to 16 CTC. Just keep in mind that this is CTC and you will have to shell out more on tax than law firm peeps. For the first six months you will be given a non-legal generic role like a relationship manager. This could spoil your chances of a switch after 1 PQE
I can confirm this is accurate.

Management trainee/Relationship manager is the biggest โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Please avoid ICICI at all costs. Go for a law firm even is it pays less in the start
This is true. Also the difference in pay scales across locations is only in the HRA bit and therefore isn't a lot.
You are probably talking about the management trainee/assistant relationship manager position
And in NLUs , itโ€™s even bigger and better. Goes to show why the tag is important