Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Serious answers only please, from people who are/were in the same predicament. I need to lose 7 kg at least. I am not a sporty person, so I can only do easy asanas. Thanks.
Please suggest other ways of losing ways without hitting the gym as I honestly don't have the time for it.
What exactly are you doing that you don’t have two hours off? A doctor by any chance?
It's not just about the couple of hours but it leaves me fatigued and I struggle to concentrate on work later!
if you can follow egg diet for a month or 2 you can easily lose 7 kilos
I will personally follow Mr sudhir Krishnaswamy. He is so cool and healthy. His words are sharper than any nlu’s best professor. I hope he gives advice. If he wants us to become another robot , I will be glad to do that. He is a genius. So I will automatically won’t eat.
Hey try incorporating weight training atleast twice a week, keep a trainer worthy investment. Keep your protein intake as g per kg. Take x grams of protein of your body weight. This will keep you fuller. Workout in the morning it will make you feel active during the whole day. Keep fruits and dry fruits handy with you in office. Yoga is more for flexibility if you ask. Weight loss should be more weight training and cardio. Do go overboard with cardio. Avoid sugar and oil. Go for short strolls walks when in office. All the best. Go
Just diet for 2 months - only liquids and no oil, sugar or rice. Losing 8-10 kgs is possible.
Only liquids is terribly irresponsible advice.

Please consult a medical professional before undertaking such an extreme diet.
anything that is not burning calories is not going to help you lose weight. If you want to lose weight the only true and tested formula is to do cardio- run walk swim, and have a low carb diet.
My journey of losing weight:

- intense control on diet - no wheat, potatoes, besan, maze, junk. Replaced sugar with khandsaari, wheat with jowar, Oats, rice, singhada atta. I had not reduced how much I ate but only what I ate. Increased consumption of fruits a lot in the morning

- timing of eating - breakfast before 9:30, lunch between 12:30 and 1:30, dinner before 7

- yoga 5 days a week for 45 minutes
You could try modern yoga which combines yoga asanas with cardio and sometimes weights. It is moderate intensity exercise and can help lose weight.
Cycling, walking, jogging. Cardio is what will help you lose wait. Start eating healthy, that alone makes half the difference. Make a no eating out rule, you will not order anything at all. Hire cook/maid. It will not cost much, start having dals, vegetables, rajma, chhole, channe, sprouts regularly. Use less ghee and butter, try to eat eggs and poultry (lean meats).

Simply cutting out sugar and junk food will help you so much, not only with your weight and how you look, but the inside of your body as well. A calorie deficit is also integral for weight loss, you do not need to starve, just eat healthy and do rigorous exercise (jogging is the best).
I understand that predicament. If you have anything resembling run of the mill law firm life, you have little free time and even less free energy in that time. Please consider getting a workout trainer or yoga teacher. If they can come home that’s even better and is possible in most cities; but even if it’s 3x a week you should be able to manage going to the gym or yoga studio. I couldn’t have done it on my own in those early days of understanding working out and nutrition - a good trainer can sort you out in a dozen different ways and has almost certainly seen your kind of situation before.

Be careful with fad diets and intermittent fasting, etc - I experimented with these without professional guidance and experienced a whole different set of unanticipated issues.
Start with drinking 8 glasses of water, and 8 hours of sleep, cut junk (bread, cheese, sugar, chips) completely for 3 months
You have no time if you work in a law firm to do exercise. So better to go for surgery instead.
For loosing weight you need to be in a calorie deficit. For being in a calorie deficit you need to eat less food or spend more energy or do both st the same time. Keep your deficit in the range of 500-700 calories daily, not more than that, otherwise it hurts you body. While being in a deficit, make sure you’re getting enough protein to refrain the body from eating up your muscles instead of fat. For reducing calories in tour diet, try cutting out sugar. Cutting carbs specifically isn’t the key, just cut the calorie intake as a whole. Controlling you food portions helps a lot, avoid going for a second round even if the food is irresistible. Drink water when you feel hungry, but not for a long period. That’s about it. Also, replacing milk or sugar based beverages with purely water based ones like replacing tea, coffee and coke with green tea or black coffee would be helpful in reducing that intake.
Will simplify for you.

High protein and caloric deficit diet - weight loss - both muscle and fat. Throw in weight training and you will gain muscles while losing fat.

Believe me you want to do the latter and not the former. My friend and I
I was encouraged reading this article today, about a magical weight-loss drug that is likely to hit the market. But in all probability doctors will only prescribe it to seriously obese people (100 kg +) with heart and diabetes problems.

https://theprint.in/health/has-a-magical-weight-loss-drug-finally-arrived-hopes-soar-with-us-firms-never-before-seen-results/1646616/
Some steps that i followed to lose ~ 10 kg in 4 months. FYI - i left law firm to join in-house where I have saner hours and a better chance of working on my fitness. I am also not naturally pre-disposed to sports and exercise - so I had to work on building these habits. It will take a some determination to focus on your health despite your busy schedule. But as I realised - it is not rocket science to lose weight.

1. Drastic steps don't work. Try to settle on something that you can consistently follow.

2. To lose weight - create a calorie deficit in a healthy manner (basically eating 1500-1700 calories a day) + burn atleast 300 calories a day through exercise. This generally leads to 0.5kg loss per week in my experience.

Some tips to get you started.

1. As a first step - Start tracking the calories you typically consume in a day. Start using a calorie counter. Healthifyme is great. You will be surprised to find how many calories you end up eating in seemingly harmless meals. For example - your aloo tikki burger packs ~339 calories. fries have ~470 calories for a medium sized portion. it doesn't even fill you up.

2. After you do this for a few days - you will get a sense of what generally eat over a week. Some foods that you eat will be good - less calorific, high in protein and other nutrients. Others will be empty carbs. Just eliminate the latter ones. You will realise that junk food on a regular basis needs to be tossed out to make any meaningful progress.

3. I suggest - have a balanced diet - a good mix of carbs, proteins, fats, vitamins and fibre. Don't go for things like keto or fruit diet or liquid diet. If you are vegetarian - go with panner, lots of veggies, switch to millets (jowar, bajra, ragi) over regular wheat flour. In a few days - you will see improvement in your gut health. Do have eggs.

4. Try to have three main meals a day and two small meals. Keep within the calorie budget.

5. Regular exercise has lots of benefits. Start slow. definitely do weight training. It is more satisfying. Spin bike is a great form of cardio - if you are overweight as running can affect your knees. If you can't hit the gym - buy a bench, some dumbbells, resistance bands, a bar-bell and weights for home. They do the trick.

6. Try to achieve a 70-80% consistency in the above. You will see progress.