We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
In the grand scheme of things, Indian t-1 firms are not even in the top 100 law firms of the world and practically nobody outside of law knows about these organisations. I am not trying to be disrespectful, I am aware of the kind of work it takes to build such firms but why are students not aiming for the likes of Kirkland, Weil, Skadden, Linklaters etc? I am aware that in the longer term India is better when it comes to pay but it's another ballgame when you say that you are a corporate lawyer in London. Do people not understand the prestige it carries? Am I thinking too much or is everybody else crazy? I mean, let's face it, nobody would pick a Tier 1 indian firm over Kirkland or Clifford chance if given the choice.
Ya pajama...