Read 51 comments as:
Filter By
NLU Jodhpur gets the rank of 70 as per the fifth merit list. Nujsโ€™s starting rank is 180 as per this list. NLu Jodhpur won

[Ed: Post title renamed, was erroneously / trollishly: NLU-Jodhpur beats NUJS in merit list.]
Good for them. We will focus on helping the students who come to us to become the best version of themselves, regardless of their CLAT rank. Thank you!
โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ? Look at the merit list of 2021, there is a guy who had prolly got a single digit or below 50 rank who chose NUJS over NLS. So did Nujs beat nalsar? All that matters is the last rank, that is the cutoff as per the merit list and not the first rank!
CLAT 2012, 2013, 2014 all had 1-2 top 30 rankers taking NUJS. Doesn't really mean anything.
Noojies claim day and night that they have beaten nalsar. Stop encouraging them to spew this bs
Noojies are busy day and night having fun, unlike you who doesn't have a life.
I donโ€™t know why the moderator has marked this contested. Yโ€™all can check the link if you ppl want - https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2023/fifth-list.html

Can the moderator be any more from nujs?
Thanks for sharing. The original comment is technically correct but wrong in substance. Here are the two merit lists for NLUJ and NUJS:

https://s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/files2023.consortiumofnlus.ac.in/list5/UG-TheWestBengalNationalUniversityofJuridicalSciencesWBNUJSKolkata.pdf

https://s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/files2023.consortiumofnlus.ac.in/list5/UG-NationalLawUniversityNLUJodhpur.pdf

NUJS clearly has a higher average AIR in the general category and the bottom cut-off in NUJS' general category is 256, at NLU-J it's 378.

But yes, a 70 and 75 rank have opted for NLU-J this year, but that's not even in the NUJS 'ranks' but actually within the NLSIU cut-off.

Renaming thread title for accuracy.
You canโ€™t tell anyone to do that. Maybe burst your frustration somewhere else. You yourself are wasting time
Sorry to say but NLUJ is already ahead of them. Yes this information makes it more clear. But look at it , I have two close frnds studying there and itโ€™s common knowledge that NLUJ doesnโ€™t have domicile reservation whereas nujs even brings ppl till 800 and they are good in number. Also NLUJ has historically brought more TCS than nujs. Itโ€™s just that nujs is established earlier and it being in the heart of Kolkata has made it better than NLUJ.
Agreed. Noojies will downvote you, but everything you've said is true. And then Noojies will audaciously claim they are better than NLUD and are a God-given top three.
They audaciously claim that they are better than nlsiu lmao. They are so deluded
Lol. Thatโ€™s the most hilarious joke noojies can even state. So insecure they are man
Keep trolling, if that's what floats your boat. They still perform better than you.
Historically? Please provide the data and its source. Further, please name the metrics where NLUJ is ahead. Can't be faculty, since it doesn't even have a single permanent faculty of its own and the people who work there have always left at the first opportunity for other NLUs including NUJS (Prabhash, Saurabh, Aman), though the opposite never happened. Can't be research output either. In any graduate outcome, placement, litigation, competitions, scholarships, entrepreneurship, NUJS grads have 'historically' been ahead. Even with domicile quota.
The data is available everywhere. Apart from bird , check their individual placement reports from 2018.
So NUJS takes in students with lower CLAT ranks and then turns them into equal or better law graduates than NLUJ does. Seems like a better university to me.
Absolutely undoubtedly. The domicile reservation is a big disadvantage.
Only 4 WB domiciles in nujs,hardly makes any difference. Definitely much better than nluj without an iota of doubt across all parameters like faculty, placements, city life, moot and fest culture. Who wants to spend half a decade at Mandore- a sleepy town in the middle of a desert binging on dal baati choorma
Only 4? R u serious. Omg the number is more than 18. Kian/R mark this contested. Jesus why you people lie so much?
Our domicile quota students perform better than your general ones. Check the grad outcomes and you will find that out.
Thatโ€™s a different thing. And moreover thatโ€™s just once in a blue moon. In that way NLS domiciled students re wayyyy superior than yโ€™all because they have much better ranks in clat.

Why did you lie about the number? โ€˜Only 4โ€™ - so poor research
wonder when all of this will stop. Also, doing international moots is as much a function of privilege as it is of the college you belong to. There are so many smart people who simply cannot afford to do international moots. In this regard, we should be learning from colleges like NLUD. Anyone who says that the graduate outcomes of these top 6-7 colleges are vastly different is probably kidding himself/herself. We all can acknowledge the randomness of CLAT as we get closer to the 98/99 percentile. Best would be to learn from each other and unite against incompetent administrations in certain colleges.
Learn from them as to how hold separate exams and then use only a fraction of that money to the benefit of the students? Or how to submit fake data year after year to official authorities?
Other NLUs canโ€™t afford to fund international moot travels because theyโ€™re too poor to do that. Not their fault that they donโ€™t have schemes like AILET to help their students.
I will be fair and honest. Being a top rank holder does not guarantee anything. People would be amazed to know that many of such top rank holders turn out to be so academically inclined that the practical nuances of everyday law do not appease them. So much so that many of the toppers went on to either leave law and pursue other courses or chose alternate careers.

PS - By no means am I saying that being a top rank holder is bad or being academically inclined poses any disadvantages. In fact, I would actually be elated if even one-tenth of this batch takes up academia. The current law school ecosystem barely teaches anything to the otherwise comparatively smarter generation of students.
Holy moly some of you kids have really lost the plot.

We had people who chose NLUJ over NUJS, too (never NALSAR though). These anomalies happen because of the peculiarities of each case. One person in the college rejoined NLUJ after upgrading to NUJS in vacancies. Why? Because of the terrible hostel situation in NUJS. There were some kids from Rajasthan who chose to not move to the other side of the country by joining NLUJ instead of NUJS. These are indicative examples. No one chose NLUJ over NALSAR / NUJS because of the superior quality of professors, better opportunity, etc.

Please use your brains, you make alums feel second hand embarrassment on your behalf
Lol, imagine being an alum of NLUJ and still having such a low estimation of your alma mater. This is where students of the top 4 seem to differ. They have so much pride that they'll defend their NLUs to the death even if they're not that good. I guess there's a good and bad side to that.
It's called being in touch with reality, maybe you should try it instead of living in a delusional world with an inflated sense of self arising from some institutional association?

I'm pretty fkn proud of my alma mater considering how great the student body is and how helpful my network is.

The above doesn't negate the fact that the college admin is dogshit (to say the least). The quality of professors is beyond terrible - 4th year onwards, we used to tell them what the course curriculum ought to be like basis what we picked up on internships (had to do this because the "profs" were former PGs who didn't have any actual experience in the subjects the taught). No financial support used to be provided for moots (i understand this has changed but I'm not sure if in a meaningful manner). Harassment in many forms.

The student body would persevere against those odds and do extremely well for themselves regardless. So, I'm pretty proud. But also in touch with reality. Try it, you'll be better placed.
Lmao why are people surprised by this, it's pretty normal for a few people with higher ranks to choose certain colleges. Reflects more on the person's personal choice than the college itself
Bro even last year I think someone with air 34 joined gnlu. This Yr a girl is leaving nalsar for gnlu thru nri sponsored.

I am not even kidding. It's verified information. She is from hyderabad and she is leaving nalsar and is going to pay 40 lakhs more for gnlu thru nri

So does this mean gnlu>nalsar?
A 2-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 14-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 8-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 12-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 17-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.