Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Apparently students ranking 2200 in an exam called NPAT got into nmims. Courses like BSC in finance and stuff are being handed out as free. The placement turnout is low. My question is why do people even sit for these colleges. Lack of options?
Students here DO NOT GET PLACED (barring a few who have contacts). Please rethink NMIMS.
Even if you are from Mumbai and feel that KPMSOL/Navi Mumbai is more lucrative than JGLS/SLSP, please rethink law as a career for gods sake. Professors are not experienced, attendance is very strict, placements are nil and the common perception of our college for the tier 1 as well as tier 2 law firms is very bad (you can check the other thread to be better informed):

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/204235-honest-opinionreview-about-nmims

More than half of the batch regrets taking up this mess of an institution without considering all the factors in light of the same. The Navi Mumbai campus is worse and the same cannot be argued for very obvious reasons.
Dude , thatโ€™s just one. I was in the proper Mumbai campus until I cracked tier-1 this year. Even there the SAM recruitment came via connection. Donโ€™t misinterpret data to glorify nmims and that too of the campus which is not even the main campus
Lack of options. Lack of merit showcased in other entrances. Letโ€™s not talk about โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ? Whatever they have done is their choice
The law school ranking quotient for corporate placements are as follows:

NLSIU>NALSAR>NUJS>NLU-D>NLUJ>GNLU>SLSP>JGLS>NLUO>NLIU

Barring these top 10, go for: GLC, ILS, HNLU, RMLNLU, NUALS or TNLU.

Please avoid: NMIMS, Amity and its counterparts.
Stop displaying your bias. In terms of corporate placement, NLSIU has lost the number one spot ages back. NALSAR and NUJS have been having better placements for the last decade almost, with NUJS occasionally slightly ahead. That doesn't mean NLSIU isn't better in many other ways though, but not in corporate placement any more.
Are you crazy? Just stop spewing lies. NLS has a much better recruitment drive and internationally much more stable. Stop bringing nujs every single time.
Absolutely rubbish! NLSIU is even afraid to release its placement report for the last 5 years, knowing that the bubble will burst and it's international placements have ceased to be the best long back. Don't mislead students or aspirants here.
Nobody does, since NLSIU doesn't have a placement report for 2018 onwards.
This noojie is rightfully downvoted. You are the third best law school , not the best.
Not when it comes to placement. I am not from NUJS, but that's a fact that I acknowledge in their favour.
NMIMS is โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ. Reiterated multiple times on this site. Itโ€™s actually a lore now. Some of us made it to tier 1s on our own. Please donโ€™t get into NMIMS and make your life twice as hard.
My friend did an MBA from NMIMS got an internship in Goldman and is now working there after getting a PPO. Maybe itโ€™s not that bad.
A liability-yes. A desperate career choice-even a bigger yes. I can understand your frustration about why people are choosing this college and not wanting to settle for better. It all depends upon perspectives dude. Maybe they are content with whatever they are getting. Maybe they are rich. Maybe someone who ainโ€™t rich will prefer MBA after this course. Letโ€™s not justify wrong career choices but honestly letโ€™s not judge them either. Never hate your weak opponents. Cause they may turn the tide and get tremendously better.

For instance I know this arrogant prick from WBNUJS ending up with nothing. He used to bully other colleges and even more hate them because they didnโ€™t crack a competitive exam like clat. Turns out they got decent placements and he ended up with literally nothing but a tier2 job after much struggle. Itโ€™s not about karma or stuff like that. Just read a book , be positive , congratulate the guy/girl for being content with their mediocre choice and move on. This is life
The placement turnout isnโ€™t low. Itโ€™s abysmal. I have a friend who is studying the exact same course of Bsc Finance. He is literally frustrated. And coming from his own mouth - โ€œNPAT is a joke of an examโ€
The average salary doesnโ€™t cross 5-6 lakh and that too in companies which donโ€™t give you any proper job security. Needless to say that the ROI is pretty pathetic
As someone who studied this course before dropping for clat - I will ardently suggest everyone to stay from this college a hundred miles away for under-graduation. Maybe yโ€™all can try for the MBA course(still not a very authentic placement cell yet sometimes good placements) but not for any UG course here. You will have sleepless nights like I had. I am much happier at a tier-2 NLU now. At least I know if I work hard , I will get a decent job. Here not even the batch topper was willing to work hard because we didnโ€™t have any toppers here. The administration is the only thing thatโ€™s nice but very uncooperative sometimes. The drug culture is rampant and the merit of even the good students is very poor to say the least. Not worth it.
Bsc in Finance is not a good course at all. I met this โ€˜know-it-all guyโ€™ who used to boast about this course as if this can surpass SRCC. Turns out this course is even worse than state colleges providing economics. Pathetic. The guy ofc didnโ€™t get any job after the entire duration of his ug. He has to sit for cat twice and he couldnโ€™t crack it. The same goes for any other MBA exam. He is sitting for the third time now and I donโ€™t think he will be acing it anyway. So he himself has a backup for local masters college in Netherlands. And he seems pretty frustrated with it. Donโ€™t join this course. It can destroy you in many ways possible and this instance is one.
I mean yeah you will get quite a few internships. But thatโ€™s it. They wonโ€™t help you further in securing jobs here. This college is not that useful and it will be more useless in the coming years. Please avoid this college.
A 46-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 7-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 28-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.