Read 25 comments as:
Filter By
will be going to nalsar this year…. even though I’ve read a lot of threads about how the elitism isn’t as bad as it seems in tier 1 NLUs…I can’t help but feel insecure….social media groups too are very active and just seeing some of their profiles shows what different worlds they come from. There’s this rich ▮▮▮ on Instagram in our batch…and every time I see her I feel lacking…I feel like I won’t belong once we begin university in person…so many of these kids seem so different. Any advice for this..
OMG so trueeeeeee. See it’s not about elitism. But the way they are projecting themselves is soo artificial. It doesn’t ring any intellectual bell for me , just pathetic glorification of their glamour which is so pretentious. I am worried as well. I am going to NLU-D this year and trust me I feel the sameee. It’s not only you. The social media groups just ruined my expectations of an intellectual ride.
I was in the same boat as well during my first year. I used to feel out of place, someone who doesn't belong to this crowd. Be it academically (I was never a topper in school while there were people who were district toppers/state toppers in board exams) or financially. U may feel lonely for a few months, and u may feel like everyone is so different. However, u will meet people who match your vibes and come from similar backgrounds so don't worry. It takes a bit of time but slowly u will settle down too.
im from the upcoming nalsar batch too and it's okay to be a bit scared and everything but hey why are you targeting someone because they happen to have money? How does that make ANY sense?

▮▮▮

try getting more positive and be more kind

Hope this helps

▮▮▮
It’s your fellow batchmate. Everything will be good okay? We may come from different backgrounds but that does not matters that much! What matters is your personality and mentality. Thats what will find you a good group of friends. Wait till the college starts :D
The stark difference between how the girls behave in groups and comment sections on Instagram and what they write here under the blanket of anonymity is concerning to say the least (hiss hiss)
Very sad u felt the need to point them out.... I have talked to both of them through gram and they have been nothing short of sweet...U should have stopped at the "looking good" part, appreciate how pretty they both are rather than shaming them for no reason...U r lucky this is anonymous
You're judging people based off of what they post. Talk to them, have a heart to heart, you'll realise most people are helpful and kind. Do not ruin your own experience of Nalsar based on your own assumptions. The fact that you will meet so many people from different backgrounds can be daunting but it can also be an opportunity to grow, learn and improve as a person. Please be kind to others and kindly don't call people expletives before even meeting them face to face. Thank you
Law is a profession reserved for elite and privileged people only.
I’m an alum: There will be all kinds in nalsar. And you never know who your friends will be. I had friends across caste class religion gender sexuality political ideology lines.

Insecurity is more about you than them. Best you focus on improving yourself rather than complaining about others during your nalsar years. Try not to judge a book by it’s cover. Best stay off social media for peace of mind.
Also an alum. I couldn't agree more but I want to acknowledge that it is always harder when you are marginalised in some way, whether it is sexuality, caste, class or religion. If that's you, please know that there are definitely friends and allies. Just be patient and kind until you find them. As we've all told you, you need to grow enough to stop judging people. And it's possible that they'll also need a little time to grow into the people who will be your friends. Give each other a little grace. When you have grey hair and have this circle of people you can count on for anything, you'll be glad you did.
Every batch would be a mix of students with divergent backgrounds. I come from a rural area, and when I joined Law School it took time for people to adjust to me, and me to the others. Simple examples: I would apply coconut oil everyday, as I had done since childhood; Inshirt or tucking of shirt was not really the practice from where I come, so used to not "Inshirt or tuck" when I came to class. My women classmates called these out more than the males... i actually dont recollect any male classmate bothered about these "misfit" couture. By the time we hit the third year, what mattered most was: your grades and your Moots. A lot of women classmates would approach me for academic discussions, and also help with projects. So, the appearance stopped mattering once the content was proved. So just focus on delivery, that would always help no matter where you are and where you want to go.
The problem isn't elitism, but your insecurity and lack of sense of self.

Work on yourself and figure out your value.

The world is full of people like this. You just need to hold your own.

These people might have gone to fancy schools, but they ended up in the same uni as you. If they were that special, why are they where you are?

You don't need to belong. You need to own the space you are in and be the main character in your own story.

You fought hard to get a seat at the table. Now adapt and get great grades.

Money is meant to be made. You can make your own. Just give yourself time.
A 22-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 44-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 75-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 79-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 27-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 35-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 6-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 29-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.