Read 41 comments as:
Filter By
Why does NLU Jodhpur has a disgusting ragging and the “Sir-Ma’am” culture; Is this really the mentality of of tier 1 law school students?
Because nobody dares to change it even after going through it themselves.
Be the change you want to see. Address the senior guys and girls who demand respect as “Bro” and “Honey” instead.
it's your choice to take part in it, it's all in good fun, and it stops after around a month.
Toh aajkal NLU-J yeh Sab karta hein. We wanted to see you overtake Nujs which was very easy to do. Instead you are all doing these. Kya yaar

Big brother

NLU-D

Regards
Big brother? NLUD? Trying very hard to compensate for something, are you?
JGLS and NLU-J have already overtaken Nujs. Which world you are living at lol?
It’s true yaar. We give better placements than Nujs. Stop talking
Overtaken Nujs at what exactly? Nluj the same place which didn't even take part in the nirf rankings or JGLS, the place where your daddy funds your entire tuition?
Yeah I got a 95% scholarship still was going to end up paying 5 times my NLUJ fees. The scholarship in JGLS is a scam for kids coming from lower strata
Overtake NUJS lol 😂, they are below GNLU for now. Na Rhodes hain, Na koi dhang ka moots Jeet tey hain, placements worse than GNLU, more expensive, horrible place to reside. On what parameters they are going to overtake NUJS?
Alright, maybe NLUJ isn't such a great place. But how exactly is GNLU that much better? Larger batch size with domicile, as expensive as NLUJ, hardly any major international moot wins compared to NLUJ and definitely behind the full-fledged tier-1s like NLUD and NLS, and the Rhodes scholars are great but it's clear Rhodes these days has a preference for persons from minority communities in places like India that can leverage their lived experiences in their applications. Not saying they don't have merit too, but both of GNLU's Rhodes are from minority Kashmir/Muslim communities of India. No doubt that played a major role in their selection.
Do not try to belittle other people or their achievements while trying to compare institutions, that really does not paint you or the institution that you come from in a good light.
Answer the question than trying to bring in some teaching of your morality. The original comment slammed NLUJ saying GNLU is better and the response was to clarify how GNLU is much better. And there is no belittling of achievements here, people use all kinds of leverage to get scholarships. Nothing wrong with that, but I can't help it if you're hyper-sensitive and take it personally. That shows your insecurity.
In every metric u name bro. Sorry noojie bro. We are at number 2 in every ranking and tier-1 law firms consider us having in their cubicles , not y’all bro
To dust and clean those cubicles so that we can do legal work sitting there, bro. There is nothing that you're better at than anyone bro other than faking data. Sorry if that comes as news to you. Not placements, not winning competitions, not LLM scholarships, not entrepreneurship, not policy work and not litigation.
Look you can stoke the rivalry nonsense all you like. But atleast don't spew misinformation. NLUD has won way more prestigious moots/ADRs/debates than NUJS. Just look at even the erstwhile Mooting Premier League tables, NLUD has almost always ranked ahead of NUJS. Our litigation scene is way better than NUJS. We actually have batch toppers doing that unlike you guys where batch toppers go join only corp firms or LLMs. And don't even get me started on LLM scholarships and policy, that's also just as good. And if I am being honest, we'd much rather not have your LawSikho as a model of great entrepreneurship examples by our alumni.
Why don't you list the moot wins for NLUD and we will do the same for NUJS? Instead of making random claims? As for litigation scene, what's the parameter for doing better? You keep cooking up these claims without any real data in support. As for entrepreneurial examples, our students' efforts have been taught at Harvard Business School as a case study, so sucks to be your jealous sour grape self.
Alright, since you want to compared for NLUD - Man Lachs (twice), OxPrice, OxIPR, ICC Trial, Henry Duanant Worlds, internationally. Apart from that, semis at Vis Vienna, Stetson, Frankfurt Arb and we've won nearly every national moot from NLSTIAM to DM Harish, KK Luthra etc. And the ADR/debating achievements are no less - Warsaw Negotiation, InADR, MukMem of Stephens, NLS Debate whatever else there is, we've won it/ done well in it. These wins are even better than what NALSAR has done so I think we're more than justified in being second only to NLS, that too because of age.

I recall what NUJS has achieved too, they've won both the Vis Moots twice (and the first two were before NLUD was even set up), ELSA WTO and Stetson Worlds. Certainly not bad from NUJS, but not better than NLUD especially comparing the last 10 years once NLUD had a full five batches every year. Look at the MPL between 2010-18, NLUD performed better than NUJS is most years.
The mentality of teaching students just entering the professional life work etiquette and conduct. If your ego gets hurt addressing your senior as sir/ma’am, are you sure you entered the correct career field? You just have a biggie to call them so for just your first month of law school. NLUJ’s culture trains you for the professional (corporate) legal world. The placement numbers speak for themselves
Nope. It doesn't. And professional life does not require that either.
Forcing first Sen students to call seniors as ‘sir/mam’ prepares student for corporate culture? What is this logic?
It’s not ego. Why will we forcibly respect or even address someone when we don’t like to do it in the first place. NLS has a first name basis and so as Nujs. I don’t know about nalsar. But if those colleges above you can , then why not your college?
What bs. Colleges which provide better placement numbers than you , provide space for students to call others on first name basis. This is a very poor logic
A 56-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.