Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Nope, its based on the names in alphabetical order. From the 2nd year on, you would be able to choose your roommate.
Nothing new - many universities already assign hostels based on merit ranks, with preference being given to outstation girl students
Never been the case as long as I been there. It is totally random.
No not at all, such casteist schemes are not undertaken by the admin. The hostel authorities provide rooms (for first years) and roll numbers alphabetically. 2nd year onwards one can apply with friends as roommates. Rank has no bearing whatsoever.
It’s not at all casteist. Those who did well in CLAT should have first preference in choosing which room they would like, or which roommates they would like. An SC/ST guy has the same privilege if he gets a good CLAT rank.
Why should the university reward students for topping the entrance exam? They already got entry as a reward.
No they should. The ranks at the top matter. In that way ABS scholarship should not also be awarded. But they are and I am completely fine with it.
So, if my rank collides with a female, then we got to co- share the room??
that's why we're still behind, what's the problem with sharing? it's campus room for godsake! we are all equal!
I mean they can. It’s nls. Not some random NLU or state college
It used to be the case earlier but now they assign based on names in alphabetical order.
oh but I'm an incoming student and we were informed in the circular that it's a draw of lots for allotment of rooms.
Then they have changed it again this year! Last year it was on the basis of names
Bruh, I did not receive any circular informing about the allotment of rooms, they said it would be done on the day of registration.
A 21-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 13-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.