Read 83 comments as:
Filter By
Let us all chip in and create a new list for A0 salaries for 2023 grads to ensure pay transparency across law firms. Request you all to follow the following format:

Firm Name, Location- Salary (annual fixed pretax + bonus)

For Example, AZB, Mumbai- 15L+ 2L

(PS- This is just an example and is not reflective of the actual salary)
But the bonus component for A0s has been stated to be Nil in another thread.

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/231037-kco-releases-offer-letters-to-freshers-base-salary-of-rs-15-6-lakhs-but-no-mention-of-bonus

The fixed figure appears to be right. Request everyone else joining KCO to confirm bonus.
Fairly certain KCo doesn't offer any bonus to A0s. Would love to hear the opinion of current A1s working there.
I think this makes KCO the lowest paying T1 firm. AZB Tri SAM Saraf, everyone is paying more at A0 level. Fifth year students sitting for their day 0s soon, take notes.
SAM seems to have increased the pay by 1L. Was this recently announced for the 2023 batch or was it 16L for the 2022 batch also?
If i have LLM from Harvard or OxBridge will CAM or any other tier 1 offer me more?
For our college, Argus offered a CTC of 15L in the Delhi office, 16L in Mumbai and 14L in Kolkata. However, no breakup between variable and fixed pay was provided.
To us they mentioned 80% fixed and 20% variable for all offices.

Mumbai: 16LPA

Delhi: 15LPA

Bangalore: 14LPA

Kolkata: 13LPA
All locations. They pay higher if you are campus recruited (nlu). Otherwise the fixed pay ranges heavily from 4-8 l
The information is completely false. DSK Legal has a band system, all A0's are paid 8,64,000 (72K PM) fixed and up to 3.3 L variable bonus. This is across all offices for all A0's regardless of which NLU or private university they join from.

Increments are decent but completely dependent on the team, bonus is also completely up to the partner and billing.

The above comment may be talking about off counsels or long time interns etc.
sorry to burst your bubble, fellow colleague. The above comment is true. As it mentions, it changes with locations and partners. But it is true.
Veritas Legal, Mumbai - 15-16L. Lower variable component, but heavier increments every year.

Shame they barely have any vacancies.
For T1 NLUs, they offer around 10L+2L. Figures vary massively across colleges & verticals.
I'm very surprised about this nlu non-nlu pay difference. Is this legit? All the comments mentioning this retarded system are getting downvoted.
Trilegal should pay Mumbai A0 associates more, considering the cost of living !
Damn!

As someone who joined T1 out of lawschool and moved on to other things. I believe law firm salaries have peaked for freshers, and will remain the same number just like WITCH salaries. There is an article on LegallyIndia from 2014 where Khaitan hiked their salaries to 15.2.

Almost 0 increase in 10 years, where as so many costs have doubled or tripled, law school fees. Law firms have started making very little sense. Although, the pay hikes become significant as you get PQE.
What other things did you move on to? Looking for some inspiration:’)
JSA - 65K per month (Junior Associate), 1.1L per annum (Associate)

We’re in 2000s.

Also no, the 8% bill share doesn’t compensate enough if you’re not in M&A or Banking.
This is if you are in a better team - most people in JSA Bangalore are paid 50K as a JA and 65K as an A0 for the remainder 6 months of your first year.
Can anyone please discuss T2 also .. firms like bharucha, samvad, tta, desai diwanji, hsa, link legal, dua, juris corp, rajani, ALMT, etc ..
AZB Mumbai - 17.5 L (15 + 2.5)

Trilegal - 16.6 L (14.25 + 2.35)

Khaitan - 15.6 L (all fixed, no bonus for freshers)

CAM - 16 L (14.4 + 1.6)

SAM - 16 L (all fixed, no bonus)

Luthra - 16 L (13.8 + 2.2) - out of this, 50k is paid as signing bonus.

Saraf - 16 L (13.8 + 2.2) - out of this, 50k is paid as signing bonus.

IndusLaw - 15.8 L (14.4 + 1.4)

These figures are correct as of June 2023.
Kya bol raha hai bhai, KCo is 15.6 LPA only for freshers even as on today (Oct 2023). There is no bonus for freshers. KCo is the lowest paying T1.
So AZB becomes the highest pay master among T1s ? Should other firms follow up on the increase too?
NDA - 17.4 lakhs (1lakh per month for first 6 months (25k each month retained) then 1.35lakhs for the next 12 months (10k each month retained) then you are paid the retained 2.7 lakhs upon completion of 18 months).

Plus possible bonus of another 3 lakhs (depending on billings) -this varies may be offered or may not be depending upon firm financials.
How much do these figures vary for Bangalore office of respective firms?
For A0

Mason and Associates - 25- 30k p.m. Remfry and Sagar - 60k p.m.

Fidus Law - 45 p.m.

Ira Law - 50k p.m.

ALG - 45k p.m.

Jain and Partners - 22k p.m.

Intll Advocare - 35 p.m.
Pretty accurate on the IP firms.

Although for Intll I think it can go till 40-45.

And for Mason as well around 30-35.

Additionally,

Anand and Anand - 35

Lall and Sethi - also around 35ish.

Sujata Chaudhri - around 40-45.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
IRA Law pays- 55k p.m

TMT Law Practise (Delhi- disputes team) - 45k p.m
Bump. Now that everyone has joined firms and the salaries are being revised, lets start the discussion again.
Singhania & Partners, Delhi Office A0 pay?

Would love an estimate for the banking team.
They pay around 35k pm. And as far as I know, the salary is the same across all teams.
Does anyone have any idea how much Kochhar & Co. pays A0s in hand p.m.?