Read 22 comments as:
Filter By
Anyway, this still seems highest base salary among the tier 1s.

Trilegal Base is 14.35 but the bonus of Rs. 2.25 lakhs making it to 16.6 lakhs in total
While they have hiked the fixed component of the retainer, new A0s will not be eligible for bonus at all in this financial year. Thoughts?
HR naam ke jantu se directly kaahe nahiin poochhte be? Yahaan pe andaaze lagaane se kya hoga?
People are eligible for bonus but they have not declared exactly how much. It would depend on the performance
The offer letter mentions that the first bonus would only be handed out in March 2024 (if at all, completely discretionary ofcourse)
This is such a scam. Firms were offering 1L per month in 2012 to A0s, now they offer around 1L per month in 2022 to A0s. Other sectors have hiked starting pay multi-fold in the meantime.
With the removal of bonus at the first year level, KCO is effectively paying a lakh lower than a tier 1 like Trilegal.
Bhai what’s the point of that 1 lakh extra when they will demotivate you, and make you quit law altogether. Compare the attrition rate between the two firms and you will see. If money was so
Important, then their attrition rate would have been the lowest and not the second highest after AZB
Great time to remind everyone that JSA's A0 pay is 60k for 6 months and then 80k for the next 6 with a bonus capped at 2 lakhs for exceptional performers. This makes them the worst paymaster out of all prominent law firms across tiers.
This is really bad. Just got my offer letter and the removal of bonus component is a disappointment. Had offer from Trilegal also on my Day Z. Would have considered trilegal if i knew this then.
Is there any benefit over having the bonus component instead of a fixed salary? I always thought having a higher fixed in-hand salary is better than bonuses, because the bonus amount is variable and entirely dependent on the firm. So people might not even get bonuses?
Most people would get 70-80% of the promised bonus (those that show bare minimum indication that they intend to stay long term), and some would get 90-95% of the bonus. So in that sense, a higher potential bonus component in the offer letter is better that a lower but guaranteed retainer offer.
The lower the bonus the better it is. This reduces subjectivity. Trilegal has been known to offer high bonuses, but honour only a small portion of it.

It makes little sense to give bonuses to A0s since their first year is mostly training time and it’s unfair to award them a low bonus when they will have very little say in the kind of work they will do or the clients they will service. It’s just to create a leave playing field.
No there are no further deduction to be made except tds@10%. Other benefits such as 1k per month for telecom, insurance upto 5 lakh coverage and other benefits are all in extra.

My opinion about the offer: it is wrong for them to do this especially they hadn't informed us about this change in policy.

It's not exactly true that bonus is not being paid, they'll just pay this for 3 months from January 2023-March 2023, at the end of 6 months of probation- the bonus will be paid in March 2024.

The firm's expectations otherwise is great. Staff and seniors are very welcoming, obviously they are making us work but the work culture is industry defining. Btw my friends cannot stop complaining how bad their teams are at Trilegal- someone got shouted at for not having a water bottle (not kidding).
I can agree across T1 kco has best to working culture, Ofcourse it depends on partners but in general. Kco doing wonders that way, better work environment > 1 lakh if you see long term.
whats the highest an A0 at Trilegal can get? 22L? This thread says so , is it right can students ask upwards of 16.6 at day zero ?https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/231708-Trilegal-Honest-salaries-at-each-level-
Unbelievable. If they were worried I might leave after my bonus, I'd rather just do that earlier now
For IP teams the base salary is much lower and the bonus component is minimum.