Read 42 comments as:
Filter By
I have been alloted MNLu mumbai. This was my last attempt(a very crucial drop year as it was double) and I really want to thank LI threads for keeping my mind afresh with all the fight that goes on here ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Now coming to the question - what should I choose?

1. I have received mnlu mumbai where I will be studying with meritorious students. However as per reports it is not as good as people claim it to be in special regards to placements.

2.JGLS peh I am trying for a good scholarship as well but the rich brat culture is irking me.

3. Sls Pune is honestly my last option
I know several haters from T3 cities (Hnlu Rml Rgnul) will come and start crying but MNlu is ten times better option than Sls. If you have money like if you can easily spend 50 lakhs then go for Jindal no doubt. Otherwise mnlu
Lmao college ke baad bhi zindagi beach par hi nikalna because you won't get a job. Btw your TiEr 3 HNLU has 30+ Tier 1 jobs for 2023

Now go cry me a river
Bro entire batch of mnlu 2023 is placed.. stop hyping 30 jobs lol ๐Ÿคฃ
This is not at all the truth. The university is afraid to publish placement stats knowing that the bubble will burst.
Stop lying kiddo, I'm also a student of the 2023 batch. We have 6-7 Tier 1 jobs and out of those, half were PPOs. Legally India par jhut bolke kya milega, jaa ke padh le
Random advocates k junior banna placement nahi hota hai yaar๐Ÿฅฒ
How mnlu is 10 times better than SLS, where placement is not even 20% to 30% of SLS they are not able to successfully place even there 50% of the batch and u talk about the cities life will not going to end on that city itself at one point of time u have to leave that place and everyone talk about mnlu location advantage let me tell mnlu will going to shift there campus to the newly constructed one which is far from the men city
While I wonโ€™t indulge in the NLU wars because I have never been to one , but Tysm for the advice โค๏ธ
First of all, congratulations on securing a good rank. It really pains me to witness the difference in quality of legal education for someone who has secured an AIR under 400 in comparison with someone who has secured an AIR in the range of 400โ€“700. And mind the fact that the difference in the marks is like 4-5 at most, and in some cases even less.

1. Yup, MNLU has had a really disappointing track record of placements up until now. But even so, it's really improving as far as the students suggest, and a lot of things change in 5 years.

2. Don't forget that someone from MNLUM can always join SLS or JGLS, but you can't say the opposite.

I recently came across this testimony from someone who had a really tough time at JGLS. You may take note: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsvIYsPsULU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

3. I might be a bit biased in this one, but I personally feel that if placements are your top priority, then HNLU/NLUO perform wayyy better than MNLU. If location is not much of a concern, then I really don't understand why someone would go for MNLUM over institutes that have historically had a better record at placing their students.

Best of luck pal!
Proof? Don't show LinkedIn, instead show any official placement stats released by the university.
Tysm AshReh! Very well-explained. Tbh for some reason I donโ€™t know my parents donโ€™t want to send me Raipur. Very weird Ik. I will talk to them about it.
Please do, don't ruin your career based on your parents whims and fancies
Not everyone is a rich brat at JGU. You can have an enriching time and also get good exposure at JGLS. But I believe one should only opt for it if they get a scholarship because the fees is exorbitant (normal middle-income families). The people are genuinely nice and there are.

I think you posted before as well, this was your 3rd attempt right?
Heyo. No that was someone else. But I will lie if I will mention that I wasnโ€™t influenced by the post. More reason to post is because I have SLS. And yes my attempt was third but my drop years were 3 cause I had to take a break after school to chalk out a plan. Now that I have figured it out and have good options , I am feeling satisfied.

BTW , thanks for clarifying stuff about Jindal. I can connect with you about the scholarship thing being a middle class kid. But sad to know that JGLS wonโ€™t be offering a 100% scholarship anymore
Do not take any more drops, I think you have already taken 3 or 4. Sucks to be an A0 at 25/26.
No point taking drops beyond 3-4 attempts anyway(which amount to a maximum of 2.5 year drop). OP - take Jindal with scholarship , if not take MNLu-M
True. But with some people taking even a single year drop makes them AO at 24-25 anyway. Will you concur? But yeah donโ€™t take any more drops ๐Ÿ‘.
I donโ€™t think anyone will take drops beyond 3 years which amounts to 4 attempts anyway. But oh boy majority of nlsiu grads who want to join corporate become AO around this age only - the reason being that they failed in their semester exams or they just took a drop year when they were 18 already after high school. Either way , majority of my counterpart at a tier-1 joined law firm around 23-24 and some even 25
Oh please my KCO cubicles were filled with associates ranging from 23-25 year olds. I was myself 24. But yeah maybe dropping beyond 20 is something I really wonโ€™t recommend , sorry if I am offending someone.
Aaye no no. Canโ€™t afford anymore. This drop was a necessity thatโ€™s why I took it but I returned with some good options - so I am happy about it. And my age range is within the average range of 24-25 only. So I guess I dodged a bullet there ig. Thank you for your advice โค๏ธ
Literally no one cares about your age at a law firm. And 25 year old AOs are not that uncommon. Even I have seen even multiple people after a foreign llm (there is one from UC Berkley) joining tier-1 around the age of 26. It will only matter if the person taking a drop should make this an issue (when I don't know why he/she should). Make your performance count and yes dropping beyond 2-3 years will be a folly. All the best!
To be fair placements at MNLU this time over have been respectable. From what has been appearing on LinkedIn it seems like a significant bunch of people have been placed at T1/T2 firms. I'd suggest you contact an insider before making the jump.
Don't rely on Linkedin posts. Unless official placement data has been released.
Idk how people are arriving at the conclusion that MNLU is better than SLSP cuz IMO its JGLS>SLS>Mnlu (provided that you have either (a) received some scholarship at JGLS cuz 50 lacs is way to much honestly; or (b) you come from a wealthy family and shedding out 50lacs isn't a big deal)

Back in 2018, we were told that MNLU is the new NLUD and all that went to shit. Now I am graduating from SLS with an offer from a T1 law firm in hand along with around 45 other students from my college who have offers from different Tier 1s while kids from MNLU are whining with no offers in hand. Check out threads on MNLU on LI if you want to confirm their track records.
I have already done that and tbh I have ended up getting more confused ๐Ÿ˜‚. Thatโ€™s why I came here
SLs-P is a very steady law school and I expect stability now that I want to perform my best.
The Jindal rich brat culture is irking you? Buddy, the children of some of the country's richest and most powerful people study there, from powerful ministers to CEOs of the biggest companies to judges to police officers. Same applies to Ashoka. Don't you want to be friends with them? The may be nepo kids, but they have done many favours for their friends, ranging from arranging internships at Big 7 firm to free VIP tickets at IPL matches. When you start working, they can do much bigger favours for you. And your life is set if you can actually date and marry a rich nepo girl. It's happened many times before. Totally desi โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ at Jindal have married girls who are literally royalty.

Still wanna go to MNLU?
Such amazing reasons for choosing your place of education! Much wow! I dub thee parasite.