Read 65 comments as:
Filter By
This was bound to happen tbh, they gave too many offers (37 on day zero and 7 PPOs)
I heard that offers were retracted, I did not hear that offers to JGLS had been retracted....don't know if true....I also heard something else thats unbelievable,one is CAM is having financial troubles (thats the context that offers retracted and apparent oh a lot of clients are ending their retainers) And the are news(or rumour) at some SILF meetings against foreign law firms bade bhaiya SAM (or specifically some family person but not Shardul himself) and chhote bhaiya Cyril were hatching up some plan.......i guess to stop foreign law firm's.....common dish man(foreign firm), bhaiyaon ka patch up
Bull sh** - their greater finance practice is terribly busy, but they aren’t disclosing the details of completed mandates for some reason…
Wouldn't be surprised if this turns out true....anyways within the first three -sixmonths they will get rid of a couple of "non performing" freshers to create toxic panic attacks in all junior associates
Heard 2 PPO offers to Batch of 2024 have also been cancelled (Not JGLS)
Forget misinformation, how about to reply to my request for internship mail 🀣
Ab Kya Karein - they are busy flirting with each other to give a damn about mails for internships
Really....we shouldn't believe that a profitable Tier 1 law firm that withholds salaries of lawyers at start of Covid did not honour offers to freshers?Action of toxicity speak louder than words of denial
yeah, because of inflation. This is what happens if you hire lot of bad apples. Definitely other firms will follow suit. Folks who have a good balanced CV are safe, the rest whose CV is not that great-be prepared
They keep delaying it. I think joining is currently in September. Who knows, if you wait long enough, people might find some other opportunities out of desperation. Each month of not working is one month's income not being used to pay off Student Loans. This way CAM wouldn't have to formally revoke the offer.
Incoming AO here, I have an assessment internship lined up with another firm for the month of Aug and Sep, just in case CAM retracts offers
Cam ki policy is pretty good - They have effectively deferred their hiring despite no announcement to such effect. On being asked about the joining date, the HR is keeping mum which has aggravated the anxiety of the joinees.
GLC folks have recieved some communication wrt the joining date, I heard some NLUs have received some communication regarding the same, anyone with the complete info on this please post the names of the colleges asap
Since CAM HR is reading the thread, I just want to say that CAM HR people are the most difficult to deal with. Never have I felt such pain before while deal, absolutely impossible
Second that opinion, in fact I was in talks for an internship last month with them through a CAM partner and they till suggested a slot available only after 5 months. Never seen such behaviour in any other T1 until now. Can only imagine how hard it must be for people with 0 sources
This is true. During the pandemic, JGLS offered students to opt for a Pass/Fail grade instead of the standard GPA grade. Certain peeps who got offers on zero day from CAM had too many P/Fs which essentially manipulated their true GPA. CAM only reviewed the transcripts after giving out offers, and ended up retracting few of them. Don’t know the exact number though.
This was a subject wise option, not a choice between standard and non-standard. So people could opt for it subject wise, after each semester. If someone let's say gets a 5/8 grade in exams, that will bring their GPA down by a lot. So many people opted for a P/F grade in one or couple of subjects they didn't perform well in during their entire 5 years. The PFA policy was in place from 2020 April-2022 May.

I opted for 2 P/F grades in 55 odd subjects, however, some people opted for 8-10, that means that 15-20% of their subjects are not being used to calculate GPA and the true GPA is being masked. These people essentially decided to opt for P/F in all subjects in which they get grades which bring their GPA down (even is it is minute or negligible).
I have been at CAM for a year now and they never ask for transcript, let alone verify it. This seems suss
Yes CAM retracted offers and this happens at CAM.This is better than the brutal way in which they fire freshers when its their own faulty toxic workplace with unrealistic expectations and training unfriendly seniors.Its stupid to expect a fresher to be able to draft replies but yet the job of big cleints is literally put onto shoulders of fresher and when things go wrongly,as expected the fresher is fired,not the partner.
Has happened in JGLS.

Honestly, given the general deterioration of JGLS and gross mismanagement along with big ego of admin staff, I am not surprised.

JGLS is not what it used to be before.
Jindal admin cares only till you pay them money. Only department which is responsive is fee and admissions. Rest all useless.

Big marketing scam. VC busy US trips.
Just because you didn't get?

Wait... JGLS. Okay, this information just became so much more credible.
Heard Cyril at a Webinar yesterday. He emphasised on academic excellence. Thus, this blurb mayn't be much off the mark.
R u sure? If this is the case , then CAM will start hiring all nlsiu grads
Cyril bhai spoke of academic excellence? There is a very famous saying that comes to mind, β€œkabhi toh apne giribaan mein jhaank lo Cyril bhai”.

Someone (perhaps the CAM HR Rep reading this thread) should ask him what academic excellence did his partners like Rishabh Shroff sir, Paridhi Shroff ma’am and Abhinav Kumar sir, exhibit during their respective pursuits of law degrees.

And the only reason this came to mind was due to a possible rumour being propagated by his own employees (albeit drunk) from the projects and banking practice regarding Rishabh Shroff sirs (failed) stint in NY.

Best if Cyril bhai can actually clarify the actual facts to his own employees from the projects and banking practice so that they propagate the truth in place of defamatory lies.

PS: apart from the personalities named above, various other partners lack the kind of academic excellence that he expects first-gen law grads with limited resources to exhibit.
Someone ahoukd ask Cyril Shroff whether academic excellent didn't matter while hiring his daughter Parifhi Shrof who sent a firm wide mail to get her homework done?Why single out rich JGLS kids and retract their offers for "academic excellence" when he doesn't keep that standard while hiring his daughters.

From LIs archives -

https://www.legallyindia.com/analysis/amarchand-mangaldas-past-present-future-20100727-1142

For instance, On Wednesday, April 24, 2008, at 6:02 p.m., the Mumbai lawyers of Amarchand, the country’s supreme corporate legal minds who routinely dispense advice to clients worth billions of dollars, received an unusual email in their inbox. Paridhi Shroff, at the time the 18-year-old daughter of managing partners Cyril Shroff and his wife Vandana, had put out a firm-wide alert, a desperate plea for help from the lawyers who worked for her father. Paridhi was looking for someone to do her homework.
even if this has happened is this not illegal? Can you take back PPOs and offers after giving them out?
For JGLS students and their quality - taking back PPOs should be the only way
At least 17 offers are retraced - what are you even hinting at? Stop providing fake news!
A 34-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 58-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 74-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 90-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 5-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 26-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 18-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 43-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 114-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
Heard that CAM is not honouring the location preferences of the selected candidates?
That's how CAM is. You'll soon realise that they won't even honour team preferences during rotations. They make promises of competition, TMT, disputes etc but you'll end up rotating in the most toxic teams with high attrition like project finance, m&a etc because they're the only ones who have vacancies and ATPs are easy targets to exploit for 6 months.
Everyone who was allotted Noida are being sent to Mumbai...bc 5 guna rent kon Tera b*** bharegaπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
A 23-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.
A 51-word comment posted 9 months ago was not published.