Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Open offer to purchase 100% LegallyIndia at Rs. 10,00,000? (Can negotiate)

Anybody wanna finance and partner up for a new India based LI platform with subscription and anonymity provisions.

Profits could be low but not too low I guess, law students wanna crowdsource? The moderators would be selected volunteers, and minimal rates for viewership, revenue to be used for the stuff below-

Further we can organise private discussion groups, zoom meets where students can speak to seniors in the profession and get guidance on lot of stuff, as thats better than bumping up threads and waiting for important answers.

Also 90 percent of us have no real friends and so the new platform can engage others in rants or random discussions and maybe host parties, dark humor ethus, armpit fetishers etc.

We can have private discussion threads with no moderation and live discussions but with total anonymity but with an expert/ senior in the profession, so you can shamelessly ask them about work culture, hours etc. Conversely a law student among anonymous seniors who could put it frankly in front of them.

How will it be different from Reddit-

- Anonymity till you selectively allow identity

- Moderation before posting

- already attracts legal crowd so might stay like that

Purchase Proposal

Parties- Legallyindia, Kian, engaged in Information Services in Maharashtra, India ("Seller") and (Rudolf and Partners) ("Purchaser")

Sale and Purchase- The Purchaser shall purchase and the Seller shall sell the rights over the entity, LegallyIndia (-------)

Aggregate Consideration- The Purchaser shall purchase the rights at Rs. 10,00,000/- ( Rupees Ten Lakhs Only)

Conditions- The proposal is only subject to the definitive agreements in customary forms being executed by the Parties and appropriate regulatory approvals

Closing- Closing shall occur on the fifth business day after satisfaction of the Conditions

Expiry- The offer contained in this proposal shall lapse on the seventh day after the date of this termsheet

Governing Law- The termsheet and definitive documentation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India.
Had me at 'hosting armpit fetishers'.

Hope there's also open-minded & consenting girls too if that's not too far fetched.
90 percent of us having no real friends and the proposal to host armpit fetishers....

Shit got too real there.
I don't really think that this is really what LI is trying to achieve.

At this point, it is just trying to serve as an archive of its golden days and answer as many queries as possible. They're complacent with what they've got on their plate, and I think that's fair because they're atleast retaining their audience and the site is not dead yet.

Bringing in reforms would have a probability of a drastic dip in the consumer base due to the audience already being comfortable with the current version of it. I mean, who really wants to subscribe to it if the owner is chill with the status quo? Untapped potential? Massive Yes. Does it need reform at this point? Maybe Not.

"Further we can organise private discussion groups, zoom meets where students can speak to seniors in the profession and get guidance on lot of stuff, as thats better than bumping up threads and waiting for important answers."

This seems easy to write, but I can assure you that this isn't realistically possible to achieve. And even if it is, then the platform has to be heavily monetized to conduct those 'guiding sessions' which would require good lawyers on the panel. Having private discussion rooms is still an option if you can find people willing to do that (which isn't so common). You can ask them for their telegram and chat.

PS: A private telegram was created by Ashleha for Delhi litigators in October '22.