Read 14 comments as:
Filter By
Baldness because of stress seems to be the big trade off for the money we make. Are you doing anything about it? I am not keen on a hair transplant because those who have done it have told me it is not only expensive, but also painful and in the end the hair falls off in most cases. Plus, it’s not like I can give up my stressful life, so the main cause of baldness remains. I was thinking of those hairpieces that are glued to your head and need to be reglued every few months. Most celebs seem to go for this option nowadays, instead of a transplant, and it seems like a good solution. Anyone tried it?
Three types of hair loss can be associated with high stress levels:

- Telogen effluvium. In telogen effluvium (TEL-o-jun uh-FLOO-vee-um), significant stress pushes large numbers of hair follicles into a resting phase. Within a few months, affected hairs might fall out suddenly when simply combing or washing your hair.
- Trichotillomania. Trichotillomania (trik-o-til-o-MAY-nee-uh) is an irresistible urge to pull out hair from your scalp, eyebrows or other areas of your body. Hair pulling can be a way of dealing with negative or uncomfortable feelings, such as stress, tension, loneliness, boredom or frustration.
- Alopecia areata. A variety of factors are thought to cause alopecia areata (al-o-PEE-she-uh ar-e-A-tuh), possibly including severe stress. With alopecia areata, the body's immune system attacks the hair follicles β€” causing hair loss.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/stress-management/expert-answers/stress-and-hair-loss/faq-20057820
Spray minoxidil on the scalp twice a day and pop 1mg of finasteride daily to slow the balding. This combo has done wonders (undone a lot of damage) for me and is known to do wonders for most. Give it 5 months.

Do not -

- get a hair transplant - it just doesn't work long term;

- get a hair patch/ wig - they cause one to itch and don't give you a natural hairline and therefore look fake + cheap (the one that comes with a front hairline does not last more than 4-6 months and costs a BOMB)
Thanks for sharing, but word of advice to readers - do talk to a doctor and/or do your research before taking new drugs.
Are you a doctor or a lawyer - advise in your zone. Best advice is to go to a dermat.

There are serious side effects to finasteride.

Well wisher.
I’ve heard that these two lower testosterone and thus libido in a man. Any truth to it?
Use Finasteride 1mg and Minoxidil.

Minoxidil is very very safe. But, Finasteride should be used under Doctor's reccomendation.

Both drugs combined together works like magic.
Hop on Fin and min it really does wonders. Also, please consult a dermat first.
I agree with the people here, but it seems to divert from the real roots (Pun intended) of the issue.

Now its balding, then it could lead to death (a LI coverage that has been (made to) vanished somewhere)

Leave the reason for the slow poison. Leave this profession.

But again, that is diverting from the issue- it doesnt solve the problem. It is victim blaming.

we need to form lawyer unions like other professionals do (doctors, IT profs). I dont see great camaraderie between law firm lawyers who seem to compete all the time (also perpetuated by the firm overlords to maintain status quo).
Lawyers who have passed out of NLSIU, Harvard of the East, can never go bald, period. Only the despicable lawyers from other NLUs and pvt law schools will go bald working in law firms. NLSIU students can never get stressed. Instead, the law firm partners who employ NLSIU graduates will get stressed and go bald looking at their efficiency and intelligence.

Just in case, if one odd NLSIU graduate begins to bald, they can always get the unique herb that grows only in the forests of Nagarbhavi, apply it to their balding pate and get their hair to grow back.

All ba(l)d things happen only to non-NLSIU graduates.
A 15-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.