Read 31 comments as:
Filter By
Recently in a thread , I came across a person achieving his dream college after a few years drop.While majority of comments were helpful and encouraging , there was someone who trolled the OP as uncle. This raises my question that whether drop years students face any discrimination among their batch-mates.

P.S:- I made into a tier-3 NLU this year and genuinely want to sit for another attempt to achieve a tier-1.
Brother/Sisβ€”Legally India has thousands of threads where people actively encourage taking a drop year or 2(for good reasons) if you think you aren’t satisfied with your college. I mean I myself took drop year advice from my colleagues and that matched with majority of the well-withers at LI as well.So my experience was and still is completely opposite. And lmao-how you will perform in batch,that matters , yeh β€˜uncle’ wala tag pura false hein
People are just tired to see soooooo many drop year threads. We all know and even some authentic people from the industry several times have assured that drop years won’t hurt anyone plus you can see that even in 3-4 threads. But still newbies want to satisfy their own ego and get separate validation to prove themselves. Well then prove it in clat or academics. Don’t come here complaining about people maybe? 99.99% of people will encourage your own choice , if someone(that too a few jobless trolls call out someone as what - β€œuncle” which is not even true for majority of times) how will he/she survive in this profession? But in case you feel you are getting demotivated(which I wonder if you are still relatively young) , I think the following post will do justice

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/195176-5-year-law-course-from-nalsar-or-should-i-continue-what-i-am-doing

https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/186775-switched-college-late-to-nalsar-from-christ-will-grad-at-27-did-i-mess-up
Really? The last time I checked , that person was bashed to corner for his miscalculations by like-minded people and his comment was even marked β€˜trollish’. I hope you are talking about the same post which I am talking about rn. So it clearly stipulates who loses :)
Bhai that troll was useless anyway lmao. It applies to basically all trolls in LI. Why will you be called uncle when your batchmates will be graduating with you at the same time? Unless you are 22-23 now , you have nothing to worry about.

And further , if every time people see drop year threads when they and even you know it’s quite normal - maybe take it easy and keep posting what’s necessary. It’s universal that the years you drop don’t matter. Now if the other person(who got into NALSAR as per the thread) keeps on boasting his or her achievements infront of others who didn’t make the cut - the trolls become insecure. Leave it alone as drop years are very normal dude.
There was this person whose news LegalEdge shared because he did very well in his exams. He will be joining law school around the age of 21 (which is quite normal). He is being celebrated and not trolled. And you are here because of a simple troll comment which doesn’t even exist now(or does it?)- chill Kar yaar
See nkst students are from 18/19. There are a few 17 year olds, but they too turn 18 by the end of the first semester.

It's perfectly alright to take drop years till the age of 20. But once you cross that thereshold, you need to be careful. To a 18/19 year old....a 21+ person will look like an "uncle"/"bhaiya".
If you are taking a one year drop no. Because you will join the nlu at 18/19 years old.

But these days many are taking 3 to even 4 years drop - which means you join at 22/23 when most people are about to graduate out of law school. That's when people call you an uncle.
I took a 3 year drop but joined law school around 20. It matters person to person. But yes a person joining around 22/23 will face a bit backlash
Yeah 20 was the general cutoff age anyway. So if one is joining law school within or at 20 , then it’s perfectly fine
Okay , let me tell you what actually goes on so that this whole debate ends. I retook clat for the 4th(I prefer to call it my 3rd cause well ,my first attempt lets just say 'naam ke vaaste'?) time around 20 , was 20 during the date of my admission (your date of admission matters) ,joined NLU-J and majority of people in my batch were 19 (turning 20 that year) , quite a few 18 year olds (who were not 17 anymore) and the rest of us 12-13 people were 20. This (18.5-20.5) is the AVERAGE BATCH RANGE in a tier 1 NLU. More than how many attempts you took or years you dropped , you age has to be in fine limit of 21. There were zero perception issues among us because we were more or less the same age.

Now from my personal experience , there were people who graduated a bit late from school and just because of a 1-2 year drop turned 22 when they joined. Not their fault , but not a wise decision either while knowing you are already a bit far from the age limit. I mean some of us were already in the 3rd or 4th year when we turned 23.5 , did internships , someone bagged a PPO and well substantial people even graduated at that age.

But the people who joined around 22/23 - were they trolled? Nope. But just like how well we blended in - they themselves made age as an issue, felt insecure joining law school at such a late age and were really confounded. Understand when you join law school , you are giving away 5 years of your career to undergrad. That realization struck them every time. But they were never cornered or bullied because of them being 2 years elder(or 3 years-4 years for some). they have got jobs as well in good law firms , doing well. It all matters how well YOU take it. As somone said , with 20 plus you are fine retaking clat with a backup if you want. Beyond that maybe just start being content and start studying.
Genuinely good advice at LI after a long time. Seems authentic at least
I mean I am still 19 after a 2 year drop , giving clat this december because of me still being 20 when I join a tier-1 (specifically on the month of admission to be more clear). A close frnd of mine joined nls after a 3 year drop as well cause he graduated around 17.3. As he ehimself said that when the average batch is filled with 19-20 year old , no one seems to care.
If a person takes a 3 year drop from the age 17 , then he or she is 20 which is the average age. Looks like someone skipped maths at high school
No MH-CET 2021 topper also had 2.5 year drop. Stop caring about these trolls na. They are very few in number and they just do it for the sake of fun. There are so many threads anyway
Yes but he was within the age range of 19-20. Try to understand giving any exam beyond 21 is problematic
More than the troll, I denounce the moderator for allowing the "Uncle" comment. It seems the mod is happy to ban any comment criticising leftist/woke ideology, but overlooks genuinely obnoxious messages like that. The moderator has also allowed a thread where a girl complains about law firm guys being ugly.
Haan toh after a few years drop thik hein na. What will be your age after a 2-3 year drop? 19 or maybe max-max 20 when you join a particular law school? 22 hogeya toh you are doomed anyway and I really ain't trolling here.
Shankar Lime or whatver this name is , 20 tak sab theek. Uncle nehi bolte cause wo khud 19 ke hote hein. 18 ka bhi hein. I was in a tier-3 last year aur waha bhi age sabka kuch 19.5-20 ke beech mein tha. I myself checked the admit card and even chceked their month of admission and the month they were born. To further elaborate , it was exam sheet so we were checking our IDs.
So everyone here is ok to graduate at 25 for a 5 year law degree? which is 7/8 years after you graduated from school? Some even want to pursue and LLM or an MBA after, or go for TC etc?
You clearly haven’t been in the competitive exam zone for a while , which should tell you that it’s quite normal. Majority of droppers (even 1 year drop) will graduate around 24 anyway. You do know the average batch of top 3 is (23.7-25.2). If you are from top 3 (where age isn’t even some big issue) , you should know this. And to answer any question with someone taking a drop - it’s never normal but it’s still done for a better education and better purpose in the institution. And if you are counting β€œ7/8” years graduating from school” , anyone can bring the β€˜IIT-NIT’ logic , for instance people still give advanced after cracking NIT. It’s your personal choice.
okay then sir/mam , please question thousands of droppers as well who slog years to get a good rank and have a stable future. Don't pour down water on someone attaining a good rank (even being in the average age) , just because you didn't or you don't endorse the views. Also to burst your bubble , the average age of CAT takers is 24+ anyway. And GMAT? Top B-Schools will take you only after you have 3-4 yrs of work ex (which is pretty much possible).
IS even a single drop year okay? NO? why? Because you are potentially losing one year of emplyment

THEN why people do it- BEcause they want to , for the tag , for better long term benefits and promotion. So that their entry jobs are well-secured , ONLY because of a good college . But even then you have to work hard because college is just a mere push.

AND as per your 'information' , four of my frnds (hailing from NUALS , NALSAR , JGLS AND RMNLU) are graduating with a PPO(two of them) already around 25. They are quite content and one among them is even a topper.

I doNT get it , age or drops were never an issue at LI (not even in real world lmao) - r u guys out of conversations?
OMg what have you all stooped down to. LI is not about these. Ofc the drops don’t matter if you work hard. Why are you all creating a separate rant thread just because of a troll who is clearly joking. Jesus.

People here and in reality have given their mandate that drop years don’t matter just like their mandate of choosing congress over BJP