Read 1 comments as:
Filter By
Okay , let me tell you what actually goes on so that this whole debate ends. I retook clat for the 4th(I prefer to call it my 3rd cause well ,my first attempt lets just say 'naam ke vaaste'?) time around 20 , was 20 during the date of my admission (your date of admission matters) ,joined NLU-J and majority of people in my batch were 19 (turning 20 that year) , quite a few 18 year olds (who were not 17 anymore) and the rest of us 12-13 people were 20. This (18.5-20.5) is the AVERAGE BATCH RANGE in a tier 1 NLU. More than how many attempts you took or years you dropped , you age has to be in fine limit of 21. There were zero perception issues among us because we were more or less the same age.

Now from my personal experience , there were people who graduated a bit late from school and just because of a 1-2 year drop turned 22 when they joined. Not their fault , but not a wise decision either while knowing you are already a bit far from the age limit. I mean some of us were already in the 3rd or 4th year when we turned 23.5 , did internships , someone bagged a PPO and well substantial people even graduated at that age.

But the people who joined around 22/23 - were they trolled? Nope. But just like how well we blended in - they themselves made age as an issue, felt insecure joining law school at such a late age and were really confounded. Understand when you join law school , you are giving away 5 years of your career to undergrad. That realization struck them every time. But they were never cornered or bullied because of them being 2 years elder(or 3 years-4 years for some). they have got jobs as well in good law firms , doing well. It all matters how well YOU take it. As somone said , with 20 plus you are fine retaking clat with a backup if you want. Beyond that maybe just start being content and start studying.