Read 38 comments as:
Filter By
TNNLU has an amazing campus. I guess it's the only NLU that started operations with a permanent campus and good infrastructure since day 1.
True, went there for a moot, TNNLU has good infra, the only problem is - its a far away from the city.
Sorry but the nls campus is so haphazard,. The library, cafe, the training centre is probably the good part. Classrooms look gorg now since they re-designed it. Other wise it's a mess .
Lame list. NLIU has a pretty big spacious green campus being in Bhopal. And while NLUD is a concrete jungle, the symmetry, well-maintained gardens and organised construction is worth appreciating given its location in Dwarka (which is quite uninspiring). I doubt you've really visited too many NLUs. NLS campus is also thanks to all the greenery, I've heard the same of NALSAR. But both are more or less on the outskirts of their cities. So many folks criticise NUJS' campus but that's to be expected given the location, I guess.
You mean the band? LOL. Put it in proper caps, man. Otherwise, it sounds trollish.
Talk of ugliest NLUs, Ved Kumari and Rangin must be forming a committee to match the criterion further.
Naah, GNLU looks the best. It's not even a comparison. They have been architecture students who have visited the campus to study it.
GNLU is ugly and jarring brutalist architecture which did not even have any green cover until some recent improvement. During the sweltering Gujarat summers, students found it a pain to even walk to the main gate. Have there been legit study visits? Or is this as real as the fortnightly tales of so called fights and controversies involving the infamous batch which are posted here
Hehe they haven’t seen NLUO

Academic Block is Rani PINK (not a subtle pink, it is a hurting your eyes kind of pink) (pink panther pro max)

Hostels are Sea Green and Sky Blue in colour (Marine life because it is Odisha, finding memo)

Library is a white building with rainbow pillars and blue stripes (Snoopy with rainbow stripes)

Administrative block is orange-yellow (Garfield)

Pura campus colourful hai :)
Huh. That explains why one of my colleagues (NLUO grad) used to act like a cartoon...
On terms of where I would like to live:

1. GNLU, Gandhinagar

2. HPNLU, Shimla

3. RGNUL, Patila

4. NUALS, Kochi

5. NLUJAA, Guwahati

6. MNLU, Nagpur

7. NLS, Bangalore

8. HNLU, Raipur

9. RMLNLU, Lucknow

10. NLU, Delhi

This list is formed on the basis of staring at campus pics of all NLUs for several minutes :)

No point mentioning the ugliest since some of them doesn't even have a campus to begin with.
If you really want to look at beauty of RMLNLU don't look at Google pics. Look at insta profiles of students. It is the prettiest campus. I WILL DIE ON THIS HILL.
Cnlu is not that just that it has mustard yellow colour which makes it loook bad
You can't unironically be saying that NLIU is ugly and GNLU is beautiful. There's a difference between architecture and facilities.
Jindal campus beats all law school campuses in India. It's beautiful, green and very clean.

The worst campus has lot of competition

Patna

Ranchi

Odisha

Shimla

Mumbai

Sonipat

Kolkata

Best NLU campuses

Hyderabad

Patiala

Lucknow

Bangalore

Delhi

GNLU
NLUJ: architecture kya hota hai, we only know austrailian grass fields
NLSIU: The red-brick architecture looks nice but dated. Not bad as a whole and among the better designs.

NALSAR: A safe, sober design with safe, sober colours. Also looks more modern than NLSIU.

NLUD: Should have been better designed. A concrete jungle, as someone said.

NUJS: Ridiculous. The quad and pillar take up so much space in a small campus. Should have just been a ten-storeyed boxy building, given the space constraints.

GNLU: Fugly. Just grey concrete. It actually looks like those big-ass Soviet and Nazi buildings.
NLIU and NLUJ: Keep confusing the two, lolz. One looks like a typical sarkari building and one looks like a Lego contraption built by a 4-year old who had too much sugar for breakfast.

CNLU: Looks like a cheap Bhojpuri film set replica of a royal palace. Can imagine Ravi Kishen dancing Naatu Naatu in front of it.
The fact is that only universities by the built in British India are beautiful. Those built in post-colonial India are ugly as fuck. Either Nehruvian brutalist architecture or postmodernist architecture. We need to return to classic, conservative architecture. Look at these universities built in British India and compare with the garbage we have built since:

- IISC Bangalore

- St Xavier's College Mumbai

- Calcutta University

- Bombay University

- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow

- BHU

- IIT Rookie (then known as REC Roorkee).

- Ferguson College Pune

- IIT Kharagpur main building (then known as Hijli prison camp)

etc etc
The Jindal campus is probably the only law campus designed by an A-list architect (Stephane Paumier, who is French). Here are some of his other buildings: https://www.spadesign.co.in/

I don't think the steel bird's next design of the Jindal campus is very attractive, but he was probably asked to do it, since Jindal Steel must have supplied it for free.
Appalling to see the name of HNLU so low in the lists! Whoever has known the campus minutely more than the pictures on Google, would definitely place it among the top 3.
NLIU = jail vibes somehow

NLU J = beautiful

NLSIU = 7/10 = weird geometrical shapes

NLUD =7/10 = congested, given the space constraint in delhi, good try

CNLU =7/10 = weird choice of colours, will never understand those arabic domes on top of every building

NLUO = 8/10 = love, campus radiates abundance and freedom, but 5 or 6/10, could have done much better

DSNLU = beautiful overall structure, some uncle from 60s chose the building colours?

NLU KOCHI = beautiful, just like any other place in kerala, but please know there exist colours other than brick red?

NLU SHIMLA = 7/10 = monotonous, looks like someone built them with legos, but cute and simple

TN NLU = broken buildings, area wise TINY, more or less organised but UGLY

GNLU = gothic colours and ISRO + roman colosseum vibes

aesthetic wise

DSNLU > GNLU > HP NLU > KOCHI NLU and NLU O > RML NLU
A 9-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.
A 16-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.