Read 12 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys!

I am a 10th semester student from Amity Law School, Noida. Having a decent CGPA of 8.

Joining Amity wasn’t really a choice but circumstances were such that I had no choice but to join the college. Even though I got into better colleges if not the best ones.

Now, in a few week’s time I will be the sole earning member of my family and even though I want to continue with litigation, I don’t have the luxury to follow my “passion” at the moment, given that litigation firms pay just about 15-20k to us Amity grads, that too if they are generous enough. I can’t look after 3 family members with that.

I had someone who had a connection in Trilegal, but they are only offering an unpaid internship and not a job.

I really need help as to which firms shall I apply to now? And how do I really get into a good firm that pays well. I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN JOINING THE DISPUTE SETTLEMENT branch so that I am not isolated from the litigation world for when I do make a shift to litigation.

I mean is being from Amity really so bad? We do have some students (even if we are the minority here) who are genuinely knowledgeable and good, but we simply just lose out on our chances.
I know that the children of Mukul Rohatgi, Arun Jaitley and Pravin Anand (who are all lawyers) studied at Amity. There was no JGLS those days, so Amity was a top option for many who did not clear CLAT. Even some good non-nepo kid lawyers went to Amity, such as Apar Gupta. I suggest you make a list of such influential alumni and apply to them.
If you're willing to work hard enough to you can convert that internship into a full time job at Trilegal. It has a transparent hiring system
I have great friends in Trilegal, SAM, CAM, ELP, and JSA from Amity Noida. You need to stop being so full of self-pity. Just apply, even if it's an internship for a month convertible into a job.
My guy there are enough Amity graduates in law firms especially in the Delhi offices to get you visibility with the HRs. After that they may offer you an internship(assessment or otherwise) or take you on as an Associate- I hope this is the case for you. But even if you are offered an internship and the team is good; then you should work hard and get the job! Till then, hang on and keep hustling.

My best for you! Cheers!
the issue here is the generalized notion among everyone that Amity students are crap. Law is the only good department in Amity. If i speak the truth, colleges like NMIMS and GLC are churning out mediocre students year after year and some of the students from Amity are actually way smarter than them. In any case, people also need to understand that it is 2023 and college name doesn't define a student. They learn more from outside than in college and students who have the zeal and hunger are much more skilled regardless of the college they come from.
If I was in your place, i would have gone for the assessment internship at Triegal even if it was unpaid.

▮▮▮
Hey, fellow amitian here. My classmates got in firms such as L&L Partners, Khaitan & Khaitan amongst others. Tier-1s and 2s are not that difficult to achieve, just that we need to stay consistent. I too got a job in Tier-2 firm. Just identify which reputed partners you want to work in for Litigation (regardless of the firm's name--ultimately you are working for the partner and not the firm), and start cold mailing them. Attrition is so high these days, even if they say vacancy is not there rn, and we have already hired blah blah, it will eventually open up.
A 7-word comment posted 11 months ago was not published.