Read 34 comments as:
Filter By
Not next harvard but if you are looking for foreign llm after pursuing undergrad in nagpur,dw nagpur has culture of that too.
No wonder you deliberately misinterpreted my comment but the chances of that as well are even more bleak. Donโ€™t generate misinformation on the pretext of false hopes. There might have been one or two instances (or even one) but thatโ€™s not a regularity and everyone knows it
Max- max , 8-9 lakhs (that too with outside connection) . Try doing internship and at academics . The average may lie between 4.5-5 lakhs . It may increase but will take time
Phase one of the campus is about to be completed just furnishing is left ,two more phases of work is yet to be carried out as expansion would take place in terms academic intake & diff. courses.

10/54 got placed in first batch better than any young NLU's first placement stats .

Recent passout of batch 2023 had received two trilegal PPOs don't know about what others have received but two campus placement drives were also organised from which one of them was placed in MNC i guess for 8LPA.
Lol these are not good and seems inflated even at this rate. Try to take criticism and move on
10/54 was for the first batch of 21.

Consider 25 going for litigation.

Then it is 11/25 for first batch.

MNLU Nagpur is humble & blessed with such number for the very placement for very first batch.

The quality of this young institute could also be determined by comparing the very first batch of other young NLUs which were started around the same time period.

No such Young NLU has even infact released stats for their first batch.

Among other NLUs & specifically Young NLUs ,perhaps MNLU Nagpur is the only inst. trying to participate in all statutory rankings & recognition process.

Most other young NLUs infact shy away from revealing place-stats of first batch but we did.

Anyways the doubt & question of Comparing NLU Nagpur itself with old biggies in the circuit itself raises credibility of Nagpur.
MNLU Nagpur is the only MNLU that is consistently getting space in State Government's Annual Budget every year.

Most Prominent people in the State Government come from Nagpur.

Nagpur has support from the Biggest Politicians in the State and the Centre.

The Bias is justified because Nagpur has been neglected for too long (since years of previous governments which focused only on Mumbai and Pune.)

Since, Nagpur now remains the hotbed of development in Central India, Opportunities are bound to come by someway or the other.

Nagpur now has almost every institution of national importance.

Trolls here may spit venom saying no law firms want your grads. Chill.

Our Ministers have successfully tied up with Investors from Dubai and overseas to create a new business ecosystem in Nagpur (Read more about SEZ MIHAN). Their expansion plans scale higher than budgets of Tier 2-3 cities.

MNLU Nagpur is expected to find employment in the new projects that are coming from Overseas in MIHAN SEZ.

I don't think MNLU will have to remain dependent on 'marquee' traditional law firms; Nagpur is changing; The economy is blooming and Trolls on Legally India are sleeping in their sweet dreams thinking that MNLU is shit.

In essence, MNLU Nagpur is surely an exceptional case if external economical factors are considered. Surely there is fertile ground for growth there too.

It now depends on the Administration, how they maneuver through the opportunities and sail their way. Possibilities of them failing in this job aren't eliminated still, but given the factors hope, of growth is clearly visible.

Again, people who are not from Maharashtra, needn't make hue and cry on the internet by simply reading articles and posts on Legally India (This platform can no longer be trusted). Dude, wake up to reality. We are Maharashtra The biggest economy as a state in the entire country. Mumbai is our City and you know the rest. Unlike other states, we are already in the biggest economy (as a state) in the country.

Dividing on the basis of States isn't my job. I too love my Nation more than Maharashtra but the Trolls on this platform won't listen the other way.

Imagine NLU Nagpur's ranking when it gets its campus ready and fully functional. Go find images of the prospective campus on Abin Studio website. NIRF significantly considers campus and infrastructure in their ranking. (NIRF being good or bad is a different debate.) FYI : JNU comes 2nd in India even when they feature no great placements. Campus is the reason (1000+ acres) !

PS: MNLU Nagpur has been closely working with SAM. Go check LinkedIn. SAM partners are judging their in house competitions and are giving lectures there. Ask me for links. You'll find MNLU Nagpur's post on both SAM's and NLU's LI page.

Jay Shree Ram ๐Ÿ™
Some established facts you and me need to agree upon are :

1) MNLU Nagpur has the best infrastructure among all the NLUs In the country.

2) Nagpur is one of the fastest growing cities in the world.

3) The university currently has no materialized trust base established in the industry BUT they are actively working for it.

4) They placed 10/54 students during COVID. Agreed that not everyone who passes out gets placed BUT anyone who works hard to touch the top of the batch is in a great position to get placed.

5) The mix of resources are good enough to build a good legal career if used in sheer "PROACTIVE-NESS" by the student himself without depending on the university.

6) At this stage, the university has nothing to offer more than Top notch resources. Placements may not be expected to mature only in the first 2-3 batches (2016-21 batch 1st, 2017-22 Batch 2nd, 2018-23 Batch 3rd ... ).

7) Placements for the batch of 2023 are currently going on and once it finishes within a month at Max, the data will be available (not expected to be on the website but can be expected later in NIRF report.).

8) This year's placement data will be a pivotal point in determining the trend.

9) The factor of alumni base is not applicable to MNLU N since only two batches have passed out (+1 if you consider 2023).

I don't intend to show this Law School in hagiographic light BUT I dismiss the claims of the Trolls on this platform who call it 'sinking ship', 'Bleak', 'not worth it' and other offensive names.

Agreed, we're not in a position as good as that of the top 7 NLUs but atleast we don't deserve offensive and hateful names.

There have always been trends wherein new law schools have overtook the older ones. During 2010s when ILS and GLC were dominating the industry, we all know that NLS came and overtook them. This didn't break the former's credibility but changed the overall scenario in the country.

You guys should atleast not shatter our faith in our institution taking things to extremes. We are not the best BUT we have the potential to be the best.

This platform acts as the front face of the Legal Industry and trolls here humiliating students from other law schools does have an effect on prospective CLAT taking aspirants.

Let's be responsible while writing something here.
First Museum of Law in India
Proof 1 : https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/green-mnlu-bldg-to-have-state-of-art-facilities/articleshow/59921851.cms

Envisaged to be the most beautiful campus in the country by CM
Proof 2 :
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/nagpur/rs200-crore-sanctioned-for-mnlu/articleshow/62686802.cms

See the plan and prospective pictures yourself
Proof 3 :
http://www.abindesignstudio.com/projects/details/98-maharashtra-national-law-university-nagpur

You can't defend them in this regard. Only trollish comments can act as burnol if it's burning there, which I understand (I'm not from MNLU Nagpur) .
Yes my brother, we have that too! Check the links in my other reply !
"Smokescreen" - nah man, it's concrete. You've evidence scattered everywhere of MNLU Nagpur emerging as the NLU with the best infrastructure. This needs to be agreed upon. Won't talk on placements as it's new but it gets no competition from any other NLU in the country when it comes to infrastructure.
I never claimed that we are the best in Legal Education. Indeed institutions which were established before us deserve respect in this regard.

My claim was that "MNLU Nagpur has the best infrastructure (subject to completion of the construction) obviously in the prospective campus.

You're right, Infrastructure may or may not mean quality legal education but that was not even my claim. Nowhere did I say or claim so. Also, with regard to NIRF I said, They significantly consider the Campus and infrastructure in their rankings. Don't misconstrue this to mean that MNLU will top the rankings. No ... But it'll see significant progress in the rankings i.e. it won't be where it's now after the completion of the construction (certainly in that particular regard of infrastructure).

My policy is not to make unreasonable claims. But that doesn't mean what deserves attention would be left undiscussed.

The fact that MNLU Nagpur will have the best infrastructure is certainly very clear as the construction work finishes.

Quality legal education was not my claim and My claim was that of Best Infrastructure in MNLU Nagpur.

Quality legal education could be a different debate which deserves a separate thread. You may see that this thread is particularly about placements and campus (which means Infrastructure too to some extent) at MNLU Nagpur.

Peace โœŒ๏ธ
How is infra that's not relevant to your legal education a thing to boast of for a law school? I'd rather have an excellent library with remote access and latest databases than a museum at my university any day. You're not going there to create capital assets via infra, but to study. Everything else is inconsequential.
Please don't worry about how good legal education is at MNLU Nagpur. We are fortunate enough to learn from ex CJIs who are our distinguished professors and do conduct lectures occasionally.

https://www.nlunagpur.ac.in/people_officers.php

Please check our faculties before commenting anything about education.

Also, Placements is not a metric which you use to gauge quality legal education. I can give you a huge list of institutions that Excel at research and publication but don't get enough placements.

Education is about the people you interact with in the university and what you learn out of the interaction.

Infrastructure can only facilitate the interaction, rest remains up to the students.

Also, Infrastructure should be boasted of too. There are aspirants who prefer better infrastructure and facilities over anything.

MNLU Nagpur is an infrastructural Marvel. And this needs to be well known.

The Institution being a NLU in itself is a mark of quality legal education. All NLUs offer the best education you can get in Law.

Again I can give you a list of institutions with great placements and no trace of even regular lectures.

Please don't be prejudiced. It's so myopic of you if you feel good thinking that MNLU Nagpur has a library which is short of quality books to read. We are NLU because we are rich in resources in the first place.

The 5% success rate of CLAT itself shows quality legal education.

Agreed, people don't go for reading manuscripts in museum, the fact that we are th first institution to have the first museum of its kind needs attention.
NLU Nagpur also has LGBT hostels.

Also the design of the campus was chosen as the winner of a national level campus designing competition which involved the best names in the infrastructure industry.
I don't think you have visited the campus yet; I graduated from this place two months ago. Forget the LGBT hostels, only one girls and one boys hostel has been made, which is presently unable to cater to the number of students. So the new first year students from the Justicing course as well as the LLM people are put up in a housing society around half and hour away (this place served as the temporary hostel before shifting to campus). Construction for the new hostel buildings hasn't even started so this arrangement will have to continue for a couple of years. Now the present hostel buildings on campus have a plethora of problems of their own, the biggest of them being its water quality. For the semester that started in July last year, we couldn't survive with the water being supplied and the hostels were emptied by Independence Day - exams were then conducted online as students went home. Drinking water at this point was being brought in those big cans, but they compromised on quality over there as well and took on some local brand, people then fell sick. They have some big water filtration plant underground, but it doesn't seem to be very efficient.

Another big problem is the reliance on electricity. All motors, filtration systems and water taps (fully sensor based) etc. work only if there is electricity. And of course the electric supply isn't 24*7, so whenever it goes out, the water goes too. We even had to go to the Academic Block to do our stuff because the water supply there is constant.

The hostel fees has charged money for aur conditioning but we didn't get any. They didn't give coolers as a substitute either, we had to get them ourselves. Lifts are not maintained either, people have been stuck there all night in some instances.

There is active construction on campus, involving heavy vehicle movement and cement mixing plants, which deteriorate the air quality rapidly. No water spraying is done, as is required, to settle the pollution and dust. This caused a lot of respiratory issues to students over the past year and physicians have identified the pollution on campus as the reason behind this.

There are many such issues.. and the overall issue with the infra is that the best part of it exists only in the designs. The designs aren't very practical - like not having water tanks on top of buildings, rather keeping them underground so that a motor will be required to pump it up. The land alloted for the campus is quite large, but the design still doesnt leave too many open spaces for kids to enjoy.
This shows that the infrastructure is coming with its own disadvantages too. But the construction won't last forever and someday there will be no more bad air.

Also, how long do you think will it take for the completion of construction?

Your reply gave an important insight, thank you for the same.

I have visited the campus though, but it was on the exam day (CLAT). I saw construction going on. But the campus is large enough for the bad air to spread. But your point is valid as the cement production is done somewhere near the hostels only.

With the design, even if they succeed in finishing 90% of it, it will be a marvelous structure.

Please tell us more, about education there and the culture of the university, mess food, and other things which you feel should be noted by new aspirants.
I always felt MNLU nagpur is that guy whom no one hates, i was wrong we got haters.
A 58-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 36-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
Glorifying coz it deserves praise. It's the benchmark of infrastructure unlike other universities which gave hostels infested with bed bugs and classrooms in dire need of renovation. It's the best university in terms of infrastructure.