Read 20 comments as:
Filter By
Latest from Manan Mishra. The question now is whether law schools will condemn this? Also, what do Sudhir and the NLSIU alumni have to say? The BCI is his their best friend, isn't it? They are printing the BCI's name on NLSIU letterhead and using them to claim that NLSIU is a national university and NALSAR, NUJS etc are state universities.

"As per documented history, ever since the inception of human civilization and culture, marriage has been typically accepted and categorized as a union of biological man and woman for the twin purpose of procreation and recreation. In such background, it would be catastrophic to overhaul something as fundamental as the conception of marriage by any Law Court, howsoever well-intentioned it may be."

https://www.barandbench.com/news/bar-council-of-india-asks-supreme-court-to-leave-the-issue-of-same-sex-marriage-for-legislative-consideration
Now let's see if NLU SBAs say anything and directly take on the BCI. I think most of them of are looking towards NLSIU and will copy whatever NLSIU does.

https://twitter.com/maryashakil/status/1650123687604137984?cxt=HHwWgMDRsYmwteYtAAAA
I think the Supreme Court has far more important issues to deal with rather than this. There are millions of people awaiting justice in India in serious cases involving corruption, murder, bank, fraud etc. Why so much urgency to hear this case? Is it because it is a glamorous woke issue and can lead to awards and accolades in the West?

Also, the solution is really simple. The legislature has to enact a uniform civil code and abolish religious laws. Very strange that the SC is avoiding the UCC issue.
But your thought doesn't matter in this regard, since you are not part of the Supreme Court yet.
I fervently request the Student counsels of law schools to focus on management problems within their college and leave these issues to the Supreme Court and the Senior Counsel involved. I understand that with the adrenaline rush of 20 yr olds to appear woke, you would try to make "representations" but understand that your views will be viewed strictly by your future employers and directly affect your opportunities.
There is no reason why one cannot do both. And all this talk of potential recruiters getting afraid by your opinion as a law student is mostly exaggerated.
No, I know tier 1 partners who reject candidates by looking at wierd political leanings on certain issues.
I agree with Conservative Union of Law.

There are so many important issues at NLUs: placements, administration, faculty, campus infra, mess food, NLU Nationalisation.... Yet, wokeism and culture wars take precedence and you have students agitating against the CAA, demanding transgender toilets, uninviting Governors etc.

I think the solution to this is to imbibe NLUs with a conservative atmosphere like IITs and IIMs. Those in power could make CLAT more maths-centric, scrap sociology and political science classes and replace with accountancy and management, generally make the curriculum at NLUs tougher etc.
This guy is an embarrassment to the Bar. Downright establishment ass kisser. I am a member of the bar and i have NOT given him the authority to speak on my behalf. Who the fuck does this uncle think he is. High time we get rid of these regressive fossils if we want the legal profession to progress in a progressive manner.
Hundreds of languages in this world, and yet Mr. Mishra chose to speak facts. Proud of my bar council. Proud of my country for not having descended into left wing tyranny. Proud of my institutions for not bending to the woke hive.
Not descended into left wing tyranny but right up the A** of right wing fascism.
I knew this would happen. Law schools never unite on important issues concerning their colleges or legal education. Just jumping on the woke bandwagon. Same thing happened during the CAA.
No, the questions is, why is a large Supreme Court bench (CJI included) dealing with these frivolous petitions, when there are literally so many pending bail matters (Years), constitutionality matters (Electoral bonds, review of Sabarimala, Delhi Govt v. UOI, Marital Rape Exception, WhatsApp Privacy matter {stayed}, Anti conversion laws, Ban on tribunals {especially intellectual property ones}, Judicial vacancies, Pegasus spyware, Uniform Civil code, PMLA judgement review, constitutional rights of OCI/ NRI etc and many more) before the court for so many years.