Read 23 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, out of place comment, but via MHCET I got into Ils, leaving it after the 1st sem for nliu bhopal bscllb. Was it a fair choice considering peers, academics and future placements?
Im a bottom rank student from an unknown college but SAM denied by job application but gave it to you who already hails from a well to do family. Would you give me your job, because I actually need it?
The fact that you do not understand or recognise your privilege simply means you should spend more time studying and less on LI. You have idea how many meritorious students do not get the opportunities because of caste and similar related discrimination.
ABS is a illogical scheme in the first place, it has to be awarded only to the underprivileged people. I have seen so many people in GNLU who are ABS scholars and end up becoming rock band members, having regard for the law career.
You mean that merit that comes out of being able to use father's money to pay hefty coaching fees? Once again, merit can only be compared between two people who have been given equal opportunities from birth, not otherwise.
so the parents can fund the education without it being a burden compared to those students who actually need the scholarship.
By that measures, selecting students for placements on the basis of ranks by law firms is also privileged
so what if there parents are earning 18L or 36L or 1 crore for that matter? Cant their meritorious hardworking children relieve them of the stress of such high payments.
As position 48 (by CLAT rank order) in a top 3 NLU, this hurts, but this is the way of the world, I suppose.
I find it extremely difficult to digest sometimes that ABS scholarships are only provided to rank 1-15. It should be at least 1-50. What y’all think ?