Read 24 comments as:
Filter By
Which is better for BA LLB between GNLU and JGLS If fee is not a deterrent criteria
GNLU if you are looking for placements. JGLS if you are looking for good faculties, infra, and probably a foreign LLM and join academia.
I would rate JGLS over GNLU. My top 5 ranking:

NLSIUNALSAR

NLUD

JGLS

GNLU
Ngl, I would have much more respect for someone from GNLU (can't say the same for a particular batch tho) as compared to JGLS. The only prerequisite to get into JGLS is money whereas GNLU requires a certain extent of merit. I would've still opted for GNLU without a second thought.
Stop talking absolute rubbish. Jindal has excellent placements and LLM admits. Easily top 3 in India.
Lol, the statement "can't say the same for a particular batch tho". Is it the same ultra-toxic and sadistic batch where more than half of the batch is fed-up of the batch?
As per a NUJS PhD Candidate and Faculty member, who published his research in a journal of NUJS, it was earlier established that most students (particularly in Tier-1 NLUs) are from upper caste, upper class and with college educated parent(s). A similar study was conducted by NLSIU on itself and AMU. Consequently, the argument that one ought to have more respect for a GNLU student who gave a harder entrance exam test, compared to a JGLS student is utter rubbish and devoid of any merit whatsoever. Often, CLAT outcomes depend on who performed better on a particular day, and usually the high rankers are rich enough to afford both NLU and Jindal education (with or without loans). Moreover, many students who performed well in CLAT and ended up in high ranking NLUs end up being losers in competition, or average law students, even often failing or repeating classes. Contrarily, students from JGLS, SLS, Amity and other public/private institutes (not being NLUs) often, individually, outperform NLU students both in merit and CVs when it comes to anything. Thus, the comparison drawn by AshReh is deeply flawed and deserves greater (and cautious) scrutiny.
Please give some examples of Jindal students having outperformed NUJS students via merit in the past.
Even if fee is not a criteria, GNLU is far ahead.

The crowd is more competitive, the alumni network is getting bigger every year and placements have been going quite decent in the past 2-3 years.
Honestly - GNLU isn’t that bad. Sure jgls has better faculty- but the students suck and you’ll be spending most of your law school with them. Peer learning is a good reason to choose law school. Employment prospects on average are the same in both places I would think. Don’t fall for the jgls PR
Compare Faculty.

Compare Infra.

Compare International Tie ups.

Compare foreign LLMs.

Compare law firm jobs.

Compare reputation worldwide.

JGLS is way ahead of GNLU on every count.Fees are higher but heard that GNLU charges even more than Jindal for its good number of NRI quota seats.
Dude is this even a question. Obviously GNLU is far, far, far better than JGLS in every aspect. The ppl commenting here in favour of JGLS are their jobless alumni and students, who are busy doing PR activities, since they know that except for money there is no major criteria for getting into JGLS.

Stop asking such obvious questions. Now, JGLS PR please start down-voting this comment since you also know this is the truth.
"Other people are saying things which are different than my perspective, so they must be unemployed or PR team. No other explanation."

Very smart.
who is even asking these questions anymore? the real dilema would be Gnlu v. Nujs. Make a good choice!
No dilemma whatsoever. NUJS still has better faculty, better alum base and much more student freedom.