Read 17 comments as:
Filter By
Considering the current legal landscape and the recent entry of foreign law firms in India, which specialization and subdomains within it do you think will see the most growth in terms of employment opportunities over the next five years? Specifically, what are your thoughts on the following subdomains:

Corporate & Financial Law (Law on Mergers and Acquisitions, Securities Law, Bankruptcy and Insolvency Law, Commercial Transactions and Commercial Trusts, Financial Technology Law, Investment Funds Law, International Commercial Arbitration, Financial Crimes)

Technology & Media Law (Financial Technology Law, Metaverse and Law, Artificial Intelligence and Law, Cyber Crimes, Blockchain and Law, Technology and Taxation, E-commerce Law, Privacy and Law)

Entertainment & Sports Law (Media and Entertainment Contracts, Law on Digital and Social media, Law on Management and Licensing of Entertainment Business, IPR in Media and Entertainment Industry, Sports Law, Sports Contracts, Comparative Media and Entertainment Law, Comparative Sports Law)

Alternate Dispute Resolution & Mediation (International Commercial Arbitration, Principles of Commercial Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation, Arbitration Contracts, International Investment Arbitration, Comparative Arbitration Law, E contracts, and Online Dispute Resolution)

Additionally, I would love to know which specialization and subdomains you would have chosen for a career in law and why?

PS: I do understand that with the right opportunities each one of them is a wonderful area to pursue but in a not so ideal environment, which one is a safer bet?
I think ADR is the way forward. In the Notification itself there has been emphasis on how this could evolve the current ADR and Mediation scenario. With the increasing cost in litigation and excess wastage of time, ADR would be a much better alternative to effectively solve any dispute.

Plus, I find it rather interesting too. It's where all the action takes place!
The correct answer is CONSTITUTIONAL LAW and ADMINISTRATIVE LAW. Why? Because SILF elements may challenge the entry of law firms through a PIL. And even after their entry they may face legal harassment.
hi, can you please talk about pharma law ? Never heard of this before, would be of great help, thanks!
Pharma/ Life Sciences, International Arbitration and Project Finance. Capital Markets and Funds also seem fun.
This is the first time I've heard about Pharma lawyers, wouldn't we consider them as IPR Lawyers?

And what makes you believe that Pharma has the potential to go big in future as opposed to fields like TMT, International Law or IB Law?
Capital Markets due to the huge Singapore and UK mandates. International Arbitration with a specific focus on Bankruptcy due to regular tweaks and table turns down the line. IP (pharma) work also seems to pick up. For students studying in college, try to explore Funds and TMT since that ought to be the brighter road ahead.