Read 64 comments as:
Filter By
How are they faring?

Have been told some partners have quit and some have been put on watchlist to perform or leave. Was this the plan all along? Inflict maximum damage at Luthra and then chuck people out and make a smaller more profitable team at DSK?
I have heard of unconfirmed reports of other partners being asked to buckle up or get out. To be honest that's pretty much all law firms all the time, but within 6 months after a move like this. Cold. Mr. Desai is not willing to fund anything in the name of this experiment?
Many teams are not even able to meet their team costs, let alone admin and other things. So buckling up is required after 9 months. At least team salaries should be met.
That is true. Meeting team costs is also an issue.

The worst is that the Luthra Partners in Delhi are poaching and fighting inside the firm for work from the Non-Luthra Mumbai teams rather than outside the firm for fresh work.
Which of the Delhi Luthra Partners are capable of getting fresh work? How many of them can even articulate properly?

Honest query.
Why?

Because you guys had to undergo the pain of going out for your cigarette and coffee breaks of the no smoking building every half an hour? Please
Dsk management sucks. Associates are leaving like wildfire btw. Interned with dsk BLR last year. Approx 8 associates had left already because of toxicity and dictatorial behaviour of the partners.
I can confirm this.

Am aware of a Partner and a PA (different practice areas) who are in talks to leave.
DSK lured them with big promises. they were used to the loosey gooosey work style rampant at LL. Sad reality is that law firms are cut throat. You cannot take things for granted. If you dont perform then you are a dead weight that will be cast off.

The above said, the Sr. Partners who brought people with them from LL should have batted for their people. There is nothing more shameful than a leader who does not bat for his team.
The part that DSK Lured them with big promises is wrong. As I understand it was the otherway around wherein DSK was lured by the outgoing Luthra partners.
You think AD cab be lured? Please! AR needed them as much as they needed AD.

Someone somewhere dud not keep their word and others are suffering because of this. The affected are people with families and obligations. SHAME ON THESE GUYS!

Karma is a bitch. Just remember that.
Someone somewhere is too vague. This is just blaming your own personal incompetencies.

Either blame someone specific or no one.
Everything will result in the betterment of the firm. A more profitable team will be cut out by shedding the dead weight which does not even meet the cost of their teams.
Wait, so this was all to inflict the most damage as possible damage at Luthra?

And now that this has backfired on the people who wanted to cause the damage, the "โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ" people who reposed trust in you are being asked to leave? Karma is a bitch.

I feel bad for all the above-mentioned "Dead Weight" who left Luthra with a certain amount of trust in the "senior" partners. Betterment of a firm, at the cost of people who you convinced to leave for another firm by having trust in you? Shame.
The point about the senior partners bringing dead weight with them is absolutely true.

The senior most associate in the Competition team does nothing but lays eggs and is the sole reason for toxic environment in the team. Keeps having random mood swings and berates juniors for no reason.
I have been at DSK for 3 years, and have seen this live when the Competition team joined from Luthra. It's very amusing and entertaining.
Yeh jo Desai, Parikh, Bhattacharya ye saare bhadwe hai - โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ.

Bad times are coming
How is the MP a bad person? The senior partners made promises to AD, the senior partners approached DSK, the senior partners convinced others to leave L & L and join DSK. DSK only told them to meet the cost of their teams, that is it. Doesn't sound unreasonable.

L&L Seniors โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ and now a number of people who came with them are suffering.
B&S BS'ed the juniors to leave LL only to satisfy their own ego fight. The juniors put their faith and trust and now getting the short end of the stick while the BS'ers enjoy their mountain homes and whatnot.
But all the juniors got a massive jump in pay from L&L. Does that not compensate? Barring the bonus which may be hit
Thatโ€™s a lie. There are associates who were promised the rise, but once they joined the firm, partners completely left them hanging by not honouring the same, let alone bonuses.
But the favourites of B&S got a great deal as I have heard (can't say anything about bonus though). So maybe you were not one of the favourites.
But as a Senior Partner, I still make a bunch of money. So your bonuses being slashed is not my concern. Work towards my new car and fourth house now boy.
The difference between Mohit and the others is so stark. The others wrote cheques they couldnโ€™t and wouldnโ€™t pay on. Mohit paid every single dime and more, invested in offices, teams, infra.

Always knew that B&S were exactly what BS stands for.

August 2021 Corporate Luthra partners resolution stands reaffirmed.
Trust me. DSK tea is much better than Luthra's biscuits, โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
Yes, because B&S had to take the kitchen staff out to buy pots and pans on the first day to make 'real tea' like at Luthra, as they couldn't stand the DSK machine made tea. True story.
So drinking tea from the machine makes you a good lawyer is it?? I think we all need to understand that this is a business we are talking about here and the first concept of business is being ruthless else you might as well do a charity. The problem is in the dichotomy of this difference. You make yourself profitable you do whatever you want to, or else heโ€™ll will break lose. Thatโ€™s the fact.
Rumour until confirmation: Salaries and increments for all partners have been withheld indefinitely, till certain conditions are not met. Did AD just pull the plug? B&S allowed it to happen for their team?
I saw a partner from โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ come down to our office for an interview today (Hint: Tier 1 firm). So i think it might be true.
This is true, My Partner (part of โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ) told me. But it is not a blanket decision, a couple of partners who had good billing and met team costs are not part of this decision.

Also, the decision was taken since some partners have billed 30% of their entire team costs for the entire year.... That is astonishing.
So effectively, you bill and recover, and you will be paid. Like at all other law firms.

Just astonished that the senior partners didnt fight for the team they took with them? I am sure some internal discussion must have happened on this front as well.

Does this affect the Partners only? Or the entire team including associates?

Part of the decision? Was this an internal decision not to take salaries? or did AD make the decision for them?
This decision does not affect the associates. It only affects the partners.

Also, an initial discussion was had with the Senior Partners joining from Luthra and the top management. It was discussed that folks joining from L&L will meet their team costs for the year, DSK does not expect them to be profitable instantly. Thus, DSK top management allowed for the entire last FY to meet team costs and get adjusted. However, the new teams were not even able to meet half of the team costs... This continued into the recovery for April and May, after which this decision was taken.
So the partners whose salaries are being withheld are leaving/asked to leave in more un-polite terms? What about their teams?
Yes. A few Partners have resigned in the past couple of month and others are being asked to leave.
Yes, including Mrs. Chandhoke (this was most surprising) among other Partners.
SB and TD have also 'resigned'. The axe is grinding towards a couple of other partners now including the famous โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ brothers.
Desai doesnt want to promote IPR and hence SB "resigned".. how can someone not promote a burgeoning area of law???
With Harry Chawla taking on the role of MP at LuLu, BS would be cursing themselves for leaving.
If Harry wants to make LL profitable again, he needs to broker a truce between the family and Bobby/ Sudhir. With the combo of Bobby and Ritu, the LL litigation practice can rule the roost. Question is will Harry think over his own ambitions and in the interest of the firm?
Is harry chawla not the same individual who ran away with Mr. Luthraโ€™s clients once?!! Itโ€™s sad, L&L are a pot of back stabbers. Faizal and Nakul being the nobodyโ€™s loyalist. Itโ€™s sickening
Targeting people from Luthra who didn't take the bait to go to DSK for your experiment? Or the New MP? Sad. I think the few who didnt take the bait were the smartest or atleast forsaw the lies.

Save your own sinking boat and then we will talk. Also I like that the post is not using the word back-stabbers for B&S for what they did to RKL.
Yes. The combination of HSC, RB will be potent. Problem will be HSC and RB getting along and yes, HC's willingness to put his own ambition aside. But most importantly, will GL forgive HSC for effectively breaking LL??

....and you thought S/CAM had drama.
HSC and SS apne naam se post kar lo bhailog. Creating these posts across threads will not ensure people take you back at Luthra. You got over-greedy, and made a threat thinking RKL will bow down. He called your bluff. You tried to destroy the Luthra Lit side, couldnt, and now want to come back because you are thrown out of another place.
Real id se aao โ€˜now disbanded executive committee memberโ€™
A 35-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 11-word comment posted 1 year ago was not published.
A 9-word comment posted 10 months ago was not published.
A 25-word comment posted 6 months ago was not published.