Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
I love Ravish Kumar, but I don't think Adani's decision to buy NDTV has anything to do with silencing him.

It is just business.
One question worth asking is whether business is about money-making in this context or whether it's business that's about power?

Because the revenues of even successful media businesses are surely dwarfed by his other businesses, so the more likely reason he's buying this is for power and influence as subset of business (and if it's about power and influence, Ravish has a potential point)
And here I thought my ex was the most delusional person to ever exist
Prannoy Roy never borrowed (and most likely even today would not borrow) from Adani.Thw Roy's were tricked, they owed the debt to Ambanis and Ambanis sold the company owning the debt of Roy's to Adani.The Roys resigning from NDTV co.clearly shows that they want want nothing to do with Adani.
In fact - the original loan was taken from GS and DE Shaw, who sold the paper to Ambanis. They were tricked and it is very clear why.
So what's wrong in this? This is normal, it was a fixed interest debt so doesn't matter who it is owed to.

There are specific allegations currently investigated by the SEBI about the roys diverting funds through offshore shells. The resignation happened almost simultaneously.