Read 26 comments as:
Filter By
Hi guys,

I gave CLAT in '22 and got HPNLU- where I took admission. My marks last year were 71.25, and this time- they're coming to 89.75. I gave CLAT twice without any prep, if it's relevant. This time, since we had to fill the pref list before counselling, I inputted the following, please lmk my chances-

1 National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru

2 NALSAR University of Law (NALSAR), Hyderabad

3 The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata

4 National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur

5 The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal - B.A.LL.B (Hons.)

6 Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar

7 Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow

8 Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur

9 Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab

10 National Law University Odisha (NLUO)

11 The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi

12 Tamil Nadu National Law University (TNNLU), Tiruchirappalli - B.A.LL.B. (Hons.)

13 Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna - B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)

14 Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna - B.B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)

15 Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
You should get NUALS/NLUO/RGNUL, all of which are way better than HPNLU.
Why so? I thought NLUO was somewhere towards the bottom of the list of 10
Your thought is based on Coaching lists which are unscathed from last 6 years. Dynamics have changed. Try talking to final year folks of nlus. Initial years know nothing
You've a more than decent chance of top 3 according to CL Predictions. On a bad day it's top 5, so either ways it's a T1.

Unfortunately I managed to get about 75 marks hehe, HNLU it is, so I would say you've performed way better than the other 99% of candidates who appeared for it. Pack your bags!
Congratulations AshReh - some very impressive young lawyers have gone to HNLU, and they seem to have a good alumni network, you'll have a great time!
It genuinely feels like condolences after being sorted into a not-so-good house in Harry Potter. Haha!

Appreciate the morale boost though, I hope I do ❤️
Haha, not at all, you'll have a great time ;)

Gryffindor peeps take themselves far too seriously, Ravenclaws never leave the library, but Hufflepuff and Slytherin are obviously where it's at, they have freedom to discover themselves (except technically Slytherin, who are free to do whatever they like as long as it includes being evil)
The Slytherin House personifies ambition and enterprising nature, not evil. Horace Slughorn for instance. Since networking is so important for lawyers, I would assume most would love the idea of a Slug Club.
I mean there is always an inert evil in them (as far as the movies are concerned). Even Slughorn wasn't the best of personalities in the series considering he was the tipping point of Tom Riddle becoming Voldemort.

I definitely dig the Slug Club idea though, would be really fun. 🧙🏻‍♂️
Slughorn played as key a role in it as Dumbledore himself did. Anyway, I do not accept the movies as canon but the books themselves.
op this side. secured air 318. thank you to all the well-wishers. what college do y'all think i'll get?
Wohooo! Many many congratulations, In my honest opinion it is NLU, Jodhpur quite comfortably. 🥳
▮▮▮. Still, HNLU is a nice place if you maintain your focus and resolve over the next five years.
Congratulations on your success, Ash Reh!

Coming to CL predictions, weren't they off by a large margin in the June '22 exam (as told by a CL student)?
It doesn't hurt to be optimistic. We can all just speculate at this point, might as well go with the more positive one :)
I filled my preferences after watching LegalEdge's livestream on YouTube (I am not a student of LE). Since the brand name is good, I did so accordingly.

I deliberately made changes towards the end of the list as I had secured admission to a few NLUs through vacancies, and added a few in consideration of preparing for different exams (judiciary and CS)
You should be able to get into anything below GNLU with relative ease, for the rest, I think you need to wait for cutoffs, this was my first attempt too, and I also did it with no prep lmao, I'm waiting to see how it'll go I have decent hopes/
For any student who has cracked CLAT in this year, just a word of advice. Whichever NLU you get into, if you wish to study in one that is considered 'more prestigious', then please keep an eye on that NLU's official website for at least till the end of the first semester, maybe even halfway into the second. People do drop out, even if few in number. If you can afford it, you can still seek admission using your CLAT score, since most NLUs, being cash-strapped, would prefer not to lose fees of 4.5 years from a student.

Of course, whichever NLU you study in, if you maintain your focus and persevere as you did for CLAT for the next 5 years, then you will undoubtedly have a bright career ahead.
Hello. Which college should I expect at AIR [~280] in CLAT 2023? Hoping to hear back from you all soon.
I think you must've gotten (or will eventually get) NALSAR in general counselling.