Read 13 comments as:
Filter By
What criteria does Finsec use for choosing interns, given that they only take like 3 a month? Do they only base it on contacts or actual grades solely or other experience?

How was the experience in the internship? is it as "intellectually engaging" securities law firm as is made out to be?

[Caution- Finsec is an extremely small firm and there are high chances of your comments being traced back to you. Refrain from criticism if you work there presently or don't want to be identified later]
Not sure about the criteria of how they choose their interns but the work was actually engaging and one would find it challenging if they enjoy doing securities regulatory firm. On a side note, the associates might be a bit rude.
This is so true.. the associates are super rude. I don't know what keeps them this depressed
Wait, what? I had the opposite experience. The associates seemed super nice while my internship immediately prior at KCo was a absolute shitshow - no respect at all for people.
through contacts and references. Merit takes a backseat. There's no point in sending in applications. Just find whoever is close to the founders and beg them to get you the internship.
that's not true. I got an internship at Finsec without a NLU/big law school tag and purely based on my CV, given that I have worked before in the securities law domain.
Finsec and Regstreet Law Advisors - both are not traditional law firms. They are chamber practices of ex-SEBI Lawyers (Mr. Sandeep Parekh and Mr. Sumit Agarwal) who practice before SAT. There are a few Associates to assist them. Both of them do purely securities Litigation work. So these places should be better than mind numbing no learning capital markets practices of big law firms. Atleast you will learn something.
Can someone please explain how you apply to Finsec? On what criteria do they accept? Im a 3rd yr at a tier 1 NLU with some securities law experience in internships, been applying since, but got no reply
Possibly one of the best internships I've ever had. No clerical work or any of that BS. Just research oriented outstanding work which actually involves application of mind unlike my other Tier 1 internships.

They dont recruit much though, you may try your luck. All the best