Read 15 comments as:
Filter By
In past couple of weeks I've noticed a distinctive change in moderation.
I don't know if it's the controversial topics popping up that made me feel this or not, but LI has definitely been more active in sharing what 'they' believe is true which was not the case earlier.
For me moderation was about censoring derogatory, factually incorrect and targeting nature of comments rather than censoring comments which fall on the other end of the spectrum of what mods believe to be true/un-woke. There are incidents where comments have been censored because it MIGHT offend someone, imo it's a vague reason for oppressing an opinion.
Should moderation be allowed to actively participate in sharing of opinions?
I personally do not think that's fair considering it is the regulating authority, it should be unbiased towards everyone despite the person's ideology not being in consonance with LI's ideology.
To which LI might argue that they allow every comment which are logically sound and all, no. As long as an authority is displaying it's bias, it is no longer an unbiased medium to share opinions. I'll cite the threads to support my argument.
https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/240820-The-Wire-vs-Meta-Who-is-giving-fake-news-and-who-is-telling-the-truth- [All the comments by LI has been opinionated, so far as to mock everyone in the comment 5.1 for being indifferent]
https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/240601-Dating-Advice-needed-Can-not-so-good-looking-girls-hope-to-date-good-looking-guys- [In comment 5.1.1 LI is being the judge of what represents the real world and what doesn't to Playboy PA]
https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/240115-2-conservative-US-circuit-judges-refuse-to-take-Yale-law-clerks-after-students-disrupt-free-speech-panel-Fox-News [All the comments made by LI has been heavily opinionated and targeted the audience having contrasted beliefs]
There were more of these incidents, but unfortunately I wasn't able to keep track of them all.
What I advocate for is free speech in the platform which aren't subjected to scrutiny even if it has the possibility of offending someone, it is necessary to sustain Legally India as a platform for free and candid discussions.
I'm aware that I might've been a bit snobby with my remarks and thanks to that I've credited myself with an audience who actively judge me for being not accomplished enough to be a part of this platform. You guys will be delighted to know that I've decided to log out for the time being, I rest my case.
Thanks for being there β™₯️
Bro you’re giving yourself too much importance. Highly doubt it makes a difference to anyone’s life what you comment or do or whatever. This is an anonymous platform. Not the real world.
LI ke against uchchattam nyalay mein writwa file karein?

LI se itna pareshaan mat ho. Jindagi mein kaafi badi cheejein karni hein
Don't use the term moderator/moderation. Instead, use the term censor/censorship. Or "wokewashing". For that is what LI has become.
Just kick out the far-left woke guy who is in charge. Problem solved.
The comatose are frothing in the mouth that they are actually being moderated and prevented from putting their lies on this platform.

Yo! BJP IT Cell fake news points deserve to be shot down as a game. Let the moderator have some of the fun.
Not only is the Mod biased, they're also a clown for (a) having those incorrect opinions, (b) imposing them on others and (c) publishing this post.
Re c) that post was published without moderation, as AshRay has a grandfathered older LI account, which still has posting privileges. We are hoping to roll out the new platform soonish where new accounts can be created also.
I'm pretty sure that Kian has outsourced the moderation to a 20/21 year old kid. Most likely a typical woke NLU student who only reads NYT and the Wire, watches only NDTV and CNN, idolises AOC and Greta Thunberg etc. That's fine so long as you allow free speech to others and don't impose your views.
Better than reading Opindia/Altnews and doing daily puja of prolific beef eater Jordan Peterson.
Suck and choke on that red pill.
Those who think that the moderation is acceptable, can stay. Those who do not, can simply leave instead of whining about it, and open their own website. Like Kangana Ranaut threatened to leave Twitter and join Koo. The rest of us will be happy to see them go, too.