We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
1. 3.5 lakhs a month in hand for 100 hours a month for an LPO. The is work outsourced from a reputable organisation abroad. I can work from my family home, which is in a tier 2 city.
2. A law firm job in Mumbai for a higher salary for full-time work
I want to know which I should take? Genuine advice and trolling please! Here are the pros and cons I see:
1. Pros and cons of LPO job:
Pros: WFH, zero rent, lots of savings in a tier 2 city, work hours are just 100 hours a month, freedom to do other kinds of legal work if I want, working with bosses from abroad who seem nice and friendly, I can spend time with friends and family, learn a new hobby.
Cons: Stigma of working in an LPO, not the same as working in the parent institution abroad which outsources the work, probably limited career prospects in the long term.
2. Pros and cons of law firm job:
Pros: Higher salary, more prestigious than an LPO, working in a fancy office, living in Mumbai and chances to make contacts, probably better career prospects in the long term, chance to experience the law firm life
Cons: Even though the salary is higher the rent is very high so savings are lower, work hours are demanding and no time for other things, lots of negative comments from people working in law firms.
So far everyone I have spoken to has advised me to take the law firm job, since there is such a stigma against people working for LPOs.
Don't we all strive towards peace of mind in life?
Doesn't matter if it's in the context of financial peace of mind or social peace of mind. Sukoon is the end goal.
I think if you take the law firm route, you might regret it in the later part of your life that you could've done so many things with your friends, family, children, etc. I genuinely think that if I as an aspirant see myself being in a position where I could be spending time with my family that also in my hometown with a more than decent income, I'll consider my life as a success :)
Tag: https://www.legallyindia.com/convos/topic/231468-Roadmap-To-Success-A-Myth-