We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
The sheer entitlement of this chap
I am the OP who originally wrote the post that you referred to in this post of yours, and even I had my CV ready to go. I applied to 300+ offices (yes, that many), I didnt get a callback, I talked to recruiters, that yielded nothing positive, even the seniors working in Tier1, Tier2 couldnt help. That is when I came here to shop for opinions.
You cant expect people to help you out without putting in the necessary legwork yourself, the years that are lost, are gone, those wont come back, but develop professionalism, that is extremely important. Do some homework first.
A (supposed) partner at corporate law firm offered you an interview and you refused. See how that looks? You clearly stated that you wished to move to corp (transactions I presume) and now you have doubled down refusing a chance to interview, something that I would personally kill for.
Bade ho jao bhai/behen. Aise kaam nahi chalega.
Bar or Bench. Nothing else. Once a bare act/case law person, always a bare act/case law person. :)
Who knows, they lost a parent in covid and it took a toll on them ? Who knows, how they survived covid with no income ? I would not have posted questions here if I had known importance of CV and internships. I would have climbed the ladder of corporate much quickly. It takes a whole village to raise a child. People in my city just dont know about it. Thanks .
1. stlaw.in might just be a domain for their email ID, and they may not have a website published. Because it does appear that the URL stlaw.in exists, just that they do not have the website.
2. You don't really need a photo on your CV. But do have your CV ready ASAP, if you're serious about getting into corp (or even joining chambers at Tier-1 cities).
3. Just contact the person on their email ID, with your CV, professionally. Repeatedly commenting here instead when they have asked you to contact on their email may not appear nice - but that's just my personal opinion.
All the best
(I'm not @cheerup, just random)
Best
Drop an email to hr@stlaw.in.
My HR team will take it forward.
Best
I had broken education (one break after 10th ) then I did B.com and then L.LB and belong to Tier 3/Tier 4 district, say Bhopal/Ranchi and the likes. I prepared for Judicial Services for many states since 2017, my first semester of law school (I am batch of 2017-2020). Post Law School I worked in district court since March 2021 under a civil lawyer. Work Culture was toxic , no pay and it was 10 am to 10 pm. I could appear for Judicial Services only 2021 for HJS , RJS and in 2022 for MP. I could not clear Prelims. My age is a bit more due to my broken education. Anyways in this thread I will pour out my thoughts on preparation for Judicial Services and then making shift to corporate. So , I wish to shift to corporate now but dont know how and seek help and insights.
Actually preparing for Judicial Services is a double edged sword in present context due to following reasons :-
Judicial services focuses in criminal and civil laws . No corporate , No labour law , No IPR . Just this time Delhi Lower JS and Higher JS has added a few IP Statues in statutes like Designs , Patent & Trademark act. So , Judicial Services aspirants often dont know much about company law , due diligence , IPR , Labour Laws.
On the flip side we have crammed major civil and criminal laws . But they are not much of use. So the only option is to either find :-
i A paying senior counsel in HC or SC[/i] - I wish to work under the likes of Janak Ji Dwarkadas , or Raj Shekhar Rao . Since I am not from an NLU or Delhi or Mumbai , It is doubly challenging for me. I am trying to track juniors of Senior Counsels and ask them if these stars of Bar pay anything to juniors. I am trying. I will have to pay for rent , and other expenses. So , I dont know how can I land myself in a seniors chamber.
i Work in Disputes resolution Law Firm [/i] - Here starts the trouble . Most Law Firms dont pay heed to Non NLU grads and disputes resolution law firms are very less in number. No one is doing ''traditional Vkalat'' these days as money is meagre.
2. When we focus on Judicial Services , especially from Tier 4/5 law college - we dont focus on internship. I recently joined linkedin and seeing legally india threads. I am shocked to see how people strategically do internships for PPO and law firm jobs. We did not know anything. We were locked in a room and focused in judicial services preapration , mugging up case laws and sections. Trying to make format of essays , current affairs.
3. Now you know what CV looks like - B.com , L.Lb , no internships , Tier 4/5 city and same level of law college. Kindly help or give some insights. But yes, I was 2nd in state university in law. I have many things memorized and I can argue well. That is my only positive .
Much obliged.
I had broken education (one break after 10th ) then I did B.com and then L.LB and belong to Tier 3/Tier 4 district, say Bhopal/Ranchi and the likes. I prepared for Judicial Services for many states since 2017, my first semester of law school (I am batch of 2017-2020). Post Law School I worked in district court since March 2021 under a civil lawyer. Work Culture was toxic , no pay and it was 10 am to 10 pm. I could appear for Judicial Services only 2021 for HJS , RJS and in 2022 for MP. I could not clear Prelims. My age is a bit more due to my broken education. Anyways in this thread I will pour out my thoughts on preparation for Judicial Services and then making shift to corporate. So , I wish to shift to corporate now but dont know how and seek help and insights.
Actually preparing for Judicial Services is a double edged sword in present context due to following reasons :-
1. Syllabus - Judicial services focuses in criminal and civil laws . No corporate , No labour law , No IPR . Just this time Delhi Lower JS and Higher JS has added a few IP Statues in statutes like Designs , Patent & Trademark act. So , Judicial Services aspirants often dont know much about company law , due diligence , IPR , Labour Laws.
On the