Read 27 comments as:
Filter By
I am not at all against reservation, I've rooted for it all my life. I'm just sad that a student who owns a Mac in my college has got a scholarship and here I am, just running here and there for a loan.
I'm not against this too, I'm just sad that the sole purpose for reservation which I've always been a proponent of is now affecting me. I've been passing semesters without books, without laptop trying to save money. The pressure I've put on my parents is just not bearable for them.

Why is there no scholarship for general students? Please go ahead with reserving scholarships for reserved category students, but at least give the Unreserved ones a chance. It's very disheartening to see my father having migraine just thinking about my education, banks have been no help so far please tell me about any loan program which they PRACTICALLY SANCTION.

I'm really sorry if I hurt anyone's sentiments, I don't intend to do it at all but the sadness and hollowness is killing me and I'm in dire need of answers.
Be the change you want to see. Earn money and start a scholarship for people in General Category.
Make sure to commit tax frauds and scams bcoz it is supposed to be government and not us
Which university are you studying in? Most NLUs usually offer some kind of scholarships for meritorious students. The top ones will also open doors for you to get easy educational loans that would also pay something for a basic laptop, book expenses etc. Approach SBI if you studying at those NLUs for collateral free loans. I am saying this because I did so myself. You can also do side jobs to make decent money besides your study. CLAT coaching, LPO work etc. Don't give up, it may seem tough now but you can get through it. I wish I knew you in real life so that I could give you leads for these side hustles.
There is no need to be sorry and this is exactly why one should be against reservation atleast in it's current form that is that same guy must have also got in through reservation and he seems like he could afford coaching while you could not
(above does not apply to me as i come from an affluent family) you get it no and still that you are not feeling anger is astonishing to meme, though yes don't hate that guy because he is just taking advantage of the system which I am sure your I would try to take too
If you come under EWS then there may be some scholarships otherwise try for merit base scholarships
Don't complain my son.

You gotta hustle hard. Tougher the path - sweeter is the victory.

The rewards are so much for the guy who fights tough challenges that all of this will seem nothing to you some years down the line.

If you can't fly, then run
if you can't run, then walk
if you can't walk, then crawl

If you don't have a laptop - then beg money, or do freelance work or find paid internships.

Just don't complain. It will kill the fighter in you and condemn you into even deeper hell-holes.

Don't bother how far or behind you are in comparison to others. Just focus on how much movement you could make in your life.

Many years ago, I was in the same position as yours. The mistake I made was to complain and call out the injustices of the world. The result was that I hardly worked on myself. But lucky me - that time there was lack of legal talent and demand for anyone whose english was more than average. So I managed to pull through.

Times may have changed now. Don't ruin your chances.
Even if we do all the hardships, then also there will be a student having less marks than us, and who did less hardwork than us, who will be getting more priority in colleges and jobs just because of his caste and other minorities
Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;
So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
And grievously hath Caesar answerโ€™d it.
Here, under leave of Brutus and the restโ€“
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable menโ€“
Come I to speak in Caesarโ€™s funeral.
He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
But Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
He hath brought many captives home to Rome
Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And Brutus is an honourable man.
You all did see that on the Lupercal
I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
And, sure, he is an honourable man.
I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
You all did love him once, not without cause:
What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
And I must pause till it come back to me.
I deeply sympathise with you but you have been misinformed, scholarship for SC/ST students have a income cap which ranges around 5-6 lac family income per year depending on the state. (Looks like in your case that student must have somehow forged the income certificate)

No government scholarship be it at the state or the central level is offering scholarships to students who are socially disadvantaged but financially well off.

Your anger is misplaced, both the government schemes for EWS and private scholarships have failed the students, especially the ones which really need it.

In the case of government EWS scholarships the minimum income requirement is very low, my friend at RML told me that it's 2 lac per year as of 2020 for full disbursement.

In the case of private scholarships, only the top 10 batch ranks are invited which means no SC/ST or EWS student is invited in the first place as they do not have the resources in the first place to crack that top 10 barrier.

The real blame lies with the respective Governments and the University administration, NLU model is an absolute faliure with, extremely high fees and little to no government support, comparing this with other government run institutions like GLC and CLC it is an absolute shame what financially poor students have to go through in National Law Schools.
You can have a caste based scholarship when your people face millennia of caste theft and an exclusion from education or holding property.

I mean, by virtue of your caste capital, you have access to educational opportunities despite not being wealthy. A similarly placed bahujan person is NOT similarly placed.

Rich people everywhere are placed similarly. Thatโ€™s a wealth thing. But you cannot deny that systemic caste based exclusion exists.
That's all fine, but the rich person in OP's account (with the Macbook) is there only because of this income/need blind quota policy. No other country in the world has such an absurd, rigid system for affirmative action. In fact, these income/need blind quota system is arbitrary.
Just wait till you hear whose fault it is that the only bahujan students that have the educational access to get into premium universities are those that are rich
There are, theyโ€™re called EWS quota. Only for upper caste people.
Why is the site of your angst reservation? Itโ€™s about scholarships no? How is that related to reservation?

Itโ€™s banks that are denying you education loans. I know youโ€™re upset but direct your emotions to the right recipient at least.
Where is the reservation here? Your issue isnโ€™t with entry but financing your course, right?

Banks have caste quotas on loans?
And reservation has caused thisโ€ฆhow? By giving the SC student a seat in your university? You would have had these issues even if SC students didnโ€™t have access to your university.
Caste us now being imposed by educational institutions giving it new dynamics , hatred and new found division.

It should be strictly economic.

One who is general won't be rich or be super smart

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ

Countries are moving towards merit and india should too

If 75 year of independence and reservation has given the sc st obc community economic freedom which is great

Now every caste us seeking reservations and it turning nation poltics towards caste reservation demand

Now it's the right time to abolish the caste based reservation and start economic conditions based reservation so that we truly help those who are in dire need of money and support
So let me get this straight. A bank wonโ€™t give you an education loan, you canโ€™t find a scholarship, and it is difficult to finance your education because NLUs are fee-dependent instead of state funded and youโ€™re blamingโ€ฆcaste reservation that only applies for entry into the institution?

Youโ€™re already in, arenโ€™t you? How exactly is this reservation related?
Stop all reservation and make all admissions and scholarships merit based! We are in the 21st century!
Tell that to the bulk of the population of this country who are still casteist.
Which comment - there are no other comments from you in this thread? Unless you're sock puppeting as all the anons in this thread?