Read 49 comments as:
Filter By
Guys, are any of you members of the Quroum in Gurgaon or Mumbai, or do you know anyone who is? Is it easy to get in? According to Google you pay Rs 2.5 lakh as entry fee and 1 lakh each year as a recurrent fee. Doesnโ€™t seem much at all compared to other places.
How is calling a casteist jerk ...a casteist jerk ๐ŸงŒ ish??

Kuch bhi.
You should be ashamed....still stuck.at caste while the world has reached the stars. No wonder our country can never progress. Your regressive casteist mentality is a disgrace.

โ–ฎโ–ฎโ–ฎ
There is a difference between Rotary and Lions. Rotary has classier people and may be useful for networking. Lions is for lala-ji uncles, as you say.
Canโ€™t lawyers join the Constitution Club? What an irony if not!
Constitution club does not throw it's membership open to ias officers, it is only meant for MPs,MLAs, out of bounds for babus. DSOI and TOI are way to good but it exclusively for def officers.
Cringey uncles is exactly what I had in mind when I typed "yuck". You sum it up pretty well. I was briefly associated with one of these clubs. Mostly lala-ji type uncles who had tent-house businesses, catering businesses, some randomass factory, etc.
Yes, but it would involve having to go to these awful boring satsang, vegetarian, prayer meet places!
Guys, how come no one is talking abut Rotary or Lions Club? I think they can be pretty useful. Does anyone have experience?
the club he is referring too, is the local toddy shop or folks part of Sand Mafia.
Be authentic. Most clients are too. The blue-blood old boy club of Monday is dying and the old money Delhi businesses are IBC.
People who ask questions like these on LI will never make it to any of these.
Gymkhana doesn't have young kids. Gymkhana has super old uncle and auntys - their sonds and daughters are the ones on CII and FICCI committees.
I would advise joining CII and FICCI committees to make good business contacts. There are many top people there.
The elite gymkhana clubs are not that helpful. Mostly young nepo kids. Their dads are the ones on CII and FICCI committees who are the big fish.
Not necessary. There are many options. Check the SCBA website for more details.
How can one join the Supreme Court Bar Association? Is any lawyer who argues a case before the SC eligible?
Fun fact: The Vice Chancellor of Jindal is a member of India international Centre and India habitat Centre, Which is why Jindal hosts so many Events there .So if law firm partners cannot get in then try becoming VC of Jindal.
How about these?
India International Centre
India Habitat Centre

Possible to get memberships here?
Get something you're comfortable using with confidence. You might have moolah for the very expensive ones but you might also look out of place or visibly insecure there.
Like Taj Chambers, Indus, Soho etc? Basically I mean places that still have memberships open, unlike Delhi Golf Club, Willingdon, IIC etc. Also, do the top law firms have corporate memberships with these places, through which partners can join?