Read 18 comments as:
Filter By
Hello, I'm a second-year law student at a T1 law school and I want to learn how to write for reputed blogs and publications. I notice a lot of my seniors writing for reputed blogs and journals, and I'd like to join them, but I'm not sure where to begin. Could someone possibly walk me through the procedure step by step?
The following are a few questions that come to mind:
1. How do you come up with a topic?
2. How do you conduct research on a subject?
3. What factors do you consider when analysing a topic?
4. How should I start writing?
5. How do you review your papers
6. Finally, what are some of the considerations I should make while writing?

Thank you in advance :)
Actually I had this same doubt. My situation is similar to yours. I like IBC quite a bit, but my knowledge is surface level. I know how things roll in IBC but I lack in-depth knowledge of the subject, neither do I believe I can develop it within 5-6 months (given that I also have to read subjects for my semester exams and a hell lot of other engagements). I am in a position to write blogs and articles which will explain a particular provision (say Sec. 29A) in a stagnant form. Furthermore, I've been following blogs and quality articles around the same and my observation is that the reputed blogs and articles doesn't simply explain the sections/provisions but analyze contemporary developments around the same, I really feel underconfident to write a piece around recent delegated legislations within IBC which is kind of untouched and there is a dearth of material explaining the same. What shall be my approach to tackle this issue?
(I cannot sit idle and wait till I gain a substantial knowledge of the subject to write up stuff, where people around me are acing at it, I've got a CV to take care of).
Anything insightful to this conundrum of mine will be much appreciated : D
Why no response? as a first year even I am keen on knowing about writing. Super Bump
One of our Constitutional Law teachers at NALSAR had created these videos for us in November 2020.
They were helpfully framed as an 'Introduction to Academic Legal Writing' in 3 parts. Hope this gets you started.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIUmcAGc72s

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0gOdWNdyMQ

Part 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgpLOkcIACA
Here are my two cents.
1. Instead of looking for a topic, just start reading. The more you read, the more number of perspectives you learn. The more perspectives you learn, you start forming your own based on the rationale behind each opinion. The more you read you also understand how to analyse a problem critically and how to articulate your opinion on it.
My approach to writing is problem solving. I spot a problem and through my writing I try to find solution to that problem.

2. Don't confine yourself to one subject or even just legal reading. Read economics, history, perhaps something relating to management. Variety of reading allows you to domain hop. In essence, sometimes you find a solution in one domain which you can apply to the domain that you want to write on.

I hope this helps.
Hey
Could you guys please help a fresher regarding what topics to research and publish papers.
Everyone around keeps saying publish papers , but how to go about it. What topics to be researched etc.
Kindly help