Read 11 comments as:
Filter By
I wished to know what kind of questions are generally asked in an interview for Competition roles and IPR roles.

Would be grateful for any insights.
Depends on the firm:

Trilegal mein kuchh khaas nahiin poochhenge, since they are desperate to hire (and since people leave in a few months). You will simply be asked about your past competition experience.

SAM and AZB have multiple rounds. The first round will be very technical and grilling. At SAM you will be required to make a presentation at a later point.

Don't know about the rest.
Thank you Guest! Appreciate the insight. How would one go about it if their competition practice experience is limited to litigation and not as much transactional aspect as one would expect at this level?
Be upfront about it.
On words of a senior competition partner, "Form drafting is simple. It only requires dilugence."

You will learn ropes easily once you have worked on a couple of Forms. Good practices would not be a stickler on M&A experience specially at your level.
This however comes with a grain of salt - if you are interviewing for a partner who only looks after M&A and not behavioural matters, the partner may not be able to appreciate your talent. So you need to prepare yourself on the basics of competition M&A work. As a starting point, try answering the below queries:

1. How would you assess whether a transaction is notifiable to the CCI? Here you need to know about the de minimis exemption, parties test, group test, Schedule I exemptions (focus specially on item, 1, 2, 8 &9.

2. When is Form I filed and when Form II?

3. What do you mean by gun-jumping?

4. Your views on Amazon Future invalidation order.

5. Interconnected transactions
Hi, could you tell us a bit more about this? I am preparing for interviews in competition teams and it will be of great help if you could provide more details.

For instance, what reading material should I consume to know about the forms and when they are filed? what about the tests? I have no clue about interconnected transactions either, how to know more about them?
Go through the FAQs on CCI website. And section 43A and 44 orders.

That will be more than enough
Are you asking for CAM or AZB? Since both are scouting for talent for their new partners?