Read 16 comments as:
Filter By
I love my boss.

They are battling sickness, are in pain, but still take out the time to review emails and documents, knowing that I am not as experienced yet and will make mistakes.

Make no mistake - they yell whatever's remaining of their lungs at me for the mistakes that I make (of which, I admit, I make many), and they get extremely irate on most days (which, I'll admit, gets tiresome sometimes) with my lack of competence at times. They never, however, stop teaching me, counselling me and mentoring me.

Sure, there are days when they are fiery and I've been close to throwing in the towel on more than one occasion. They were also the one who took a chance on me and gave me an opportunity to learn and work at one of India's largest firms.

I hope they read this sometime. I hope they know how much they're appreciated. It's such a pity that I cannot tell them this directly, since it would probably appear to be phoney praise, intended to be nothing more than sycophancy.

You're awesome, boss. You're human and you're proud, loud and amazingly boisterous! You're a great teacher, as much as you keep telling me that you're not a teacher (when you're telling me to get my shit together!). Your work ethic is amazing and is a key driving factor in my quest to become better.

#kthanksbye
Lol! Took me five minutes to write this. Your cynicism is welcome, though, if unwarranted and totally unnecessary.
Don't know who KJ is. But full power to them, if they're like the partner I'm referring to :)
So pleasant to read this!
Send loads of love and happiness your way, buddy. Hope we can have more people like that and build such a culture across firms over time. ❀️
I really hope this is sarcastic otherwise please see a therapist, this is beyond sycophancy.
Pleasant and relatable.
- Associate from a team which has seen zero attrition during last two years.
Please drop the name of this partner you speak of on the other thread about good law firm partners! Others will benefit because god knows it’s rare.