We want LI to be one of the friendliest places on the internet, where lawyers and law students help each other with their career related queries and occasionally discuss other stuff that might affect their lives too. In other words:
1. Be kind, respectful and helpful to each other.
2. Be bona fide, truthful, genuine and curious.
3. Assume the best intention of others.
Therefore, in using the site, you must agree to do your best to uphold these community guidelines.
Note that what you find here is written and moderated by anonymous people on the internet.
Therefore everything you read here is very likely unverified, rumour, speculation and/or downright false.
In continuing to read anything here, you must therefore agree not to take anything you read here as factual and that you will exercise due caution, diligence and common sense before acting on any information you may come across here.
You also agree to report any inaccurate or malicious comments with the buttons. Moderators take action within 24 hours, as required and appropriate under law.
Our full terms and conditions apply too.
Do you solemnly agree to all of the above?
- Associate from a team which has seen zero attrition during last two years.
Send loads of love and happiness your way, buddy. Hope we can have more people like that and build such a culture across firms over time. β€οΈ
They are battling sickness, are in pain, but still take out the time to review emails and documents, knowing that I am not as experienced yet and will make mistakes.
Make no mistake - they yell whatever's remaining of their lungs at me for the mistakes that I make (of which, I admit, I make many), and they get extremely irate on most days (which, I'll admit, gets tiresome sometimes) with my lack of competence at times. They never, however, stop teaching me, counselling me and mentoring me.
Sure, there are days when they are fiery and I've been close to throwing in the towel on more than one occasion. They were also the one who took a chance on me and gave me an opportunity to learn and work at one of India's largest firms.
I hope they read this sometime. I hope they know how much they're appreciated. It's such a pity that I cannot tell them this directly, since it would probably appear to be phoney praise, intended to be nothing more than sycophancy.
You're awesome, boss. You're human and you're proud, loud and amazingly boisterous! You're a great teacher, as much as you keep telling me that you're not a teacher (when you're telling me to get my shit together!). Your work ethic is amazing and is a key driving factor in my quest to become better.
#kthanksbye